DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a very interesting rumor.

It sounds like, starting March 13, DIRECTV Cinema (Pay-Per-View) rental periods will go up to 2-3 days on many titles, with no price increase. DIRECTV.com will have full details.

You'll see the extended rental periods if you order from the web site, mobile, text messaging and over the phone. The information won't be on the receiver until a future software release but the extended rental periods will be honored.

What do you think?

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Would help in some occassions. There are times when I have a hankering for a PPV movie on a whim but stop myself if I am not 110% sure I have time to watch it. May allow me to buy a couple a year rather than one or none.

· Hall Of Fame
3,749 Posts
This makes perfect sense. I always wondered why you could go rent a movie from a video store, netflix, redbox, etc... and keep it for much more than 24 hours, but no matter what TV provider you have PPV / OnDemand was only 24 hours. DirecTV has to compete and this is a very good move if true.

· Chancellor
8,483 Posts
MysteryMan said:
Extended PPV rental periods is a good idea but they should have waited for the future software release to coincide with the announcement.
They haven't announced it, so that may be what they intend to do...

~Alan

· Registered
4,149 Posts
It doesn't matter how long they increase the rental time (NO PPV FOR ME) - We all pay way too much a month for a lot of channels we don't watch ( Doesn't matter what package you subscribe too) to be paying extra for a product that couldn't even last in a theater.:nono2:

· Legend
136 Posts
What if DIRECTV can get a model in place for the purchase of 1080p VOD movies same day as DVD release "owned" for 15-20 range? New Blu Ray is like 20-30? It lacks special features on disc and less audio/video quality but gain convenience and accessibility.

Oops was it deleted or DVR crash? No problem, redownload it because they keep account record/authorization of your purchase.

Would this be a succesful/profitable model for DIRECTV? If you buy movies, would this appeal to you?

On topic, I love the extension. More for the same cost on the movies we do rent PPV.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.