DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· DHMO User
1,095 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, just in case RFD-TV decides to move my train shows there. Rural-TV starts in February.

BTW, why do all of your posts have a dead quote in them?

· Legend
224 Posts
SeaBeagle said:
"" said:
RFD TV is having a new channel called RURAL TV. Does anyone know if DISH will carry RURAL TV?
According to an article in RFD-TV magazine Dish will be carrying this channel so apparently they have a deal cut. I think Rural-TV is scheduled to launch on Feb. 1, whether Dish will pick them up at that time or at some later time your guess is as good as mine.

· Hall Of Fame
4,787 Posts
GravelChan said:
SeaBeagle said:
According to an article in RFD-TV magazine Dish will be carrying this channel so apparently they have a deal cut. I think Rural-TV is scheduled to launch on Feb. 1, whether Dish will pick them up at that time or at some later time your guess is as good as mine.
Let's hope like RFD-TV it will launch in HD.:)

· DHMO User
1,095 Posts
SayWhat? said:
Apparently.
I agree that it's obvious, it's certainly unnecessary. Yet, people get hoodwinked into quoting it. Maybe it's an experiment in paying attention. :lol:

All kidding aside; my only goal was to offer the poster some help. I'm unaware of any reason to intentionally include it, so I thought I would start by asking it's purpose.

· Icon
917 Posts
Looks like DISH will carry Rural TV on channel 232 beginning February 1. That has been the channel for KTLA in the superstations pack. KTLA is being moved to channel 233 on February 1. (Actually it's already there but still on 232 also.) I assume this is being done so Rural TV can be on 232, right next to RFD on 231. Don't know whether it will be HD or not but I suspect it will be since RFD is.

· Know Nothing
6,269 Posts
Then you're missing Gunilla Hutton and the rest of the Hee Haw Honeys.

· Super Moderator
54,325 Posts
BillJ said:
Looks like DISH will carry Rural TV on channel 232 beginning February 1. That has been the channel for KTLA in the superstations pack. KTLA is being moved to channel 233 on February 1. (Actually it's already there but still on 232 also.) I assume this is being done so Rural TV can be on 232, right next to RFD on 231. Don't know whether it will be HD or not but I suspect it will be since RFD is.
There is a channel called "rural" testing in SD (channel 6111). I suspect that channel will be renumbered 232 when KTLA completes its move. No sign of a HD yet.

· DHMO User
1,095 Posts
Looks like Paul is the latest victim to get hoodwinked into quoting the dead quote and have his post messed up. SeaBeagle, would you like some friendly help with posting? Please PM.

· Godfather/Supporter
2,029 Posts
MCHuf said:
This is great news! Another channel that nobody asked for gets added, while channels that people want, such as BBC World News and FEARnet aren't. :(
You know there are reasons for that. I'm sure providers have meetings and look at what the trend is for what people want, then say lets not add those........

· Super Moderator
54,325 Posts
SeaBeagle said:
I do not see a 6111 in my guide.
It is a test channel, not available to customers. That's why I said a channel named RURAL was testing there.

· Legend
173 Posts
tampa8 said:
You know there are reasons for that. I'm sure providers have meetings and look at what the trend is for what people want, then say lets not add those........
That's not all what I meant. I mean if nobody is asking for that channel, then why even bother adding it. Pay-tv providers are always whining about the cost of programming, then why pay for something that isn't being asked for? Instead save that money for channels people actually want.

I have the AT200 package and it has several Spanish language channels. I have nothing against these channels, but since Dish already offers several Spanish language packages, why are they in this package? The money saved from removing those could be added to pay for BBC World News or FEARnet or some other high demand channel.

· Godfather/Supporter
2,029 Posts
That's an easy answer. There are a huge percentage of households where the younger people speak English, probably their first language. But the older members may not speak English as well. They get the regular package, which has all the English programming, and enough Spanish to please the others.

I wonder how many had wanted channels that are now relatively popular? Satellite is often the sole provider for rural areas. A second channel doesn't seem out of place to me.

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
MCHuf said:
That's not all what I meant. I mean if nobody is asking for that channel, then why even bother adding it. Pay-tv providers are always whining about the cost of programming, then why pay for something that isn't being asked for? Instead save that money for channels people actually want.

I have the AT200 package and it has several Spanish language channels. I have nothing against these channels, but since Dish already offers several Spanish language packages, why are they in this package? The money saved from removing those could be added to pay for BBC World News or FEARnet or some other high demand channel.
I think Fearnet has ads. The VOOM Channel had commercial free back in the day.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.