DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 18 inch direct tv dish, with a regular d-12 receiver. I have the sat signal above 92 percent but still get this picture. I have it set on 18inch, and multi switch. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

· Registered
24,401 Posts
Well, actually, if you have the simple round 18 inch dish, then it is not selected properly in the receiver, because its looking for a 3lnb dish that also pulls from 110 and 119. The names for all the dishes are weird, but scroll through them again. Either that or you have a weird glitch in the system. What are the options for the dish type listed in the menu? And which one did you select?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

· AllStar
95 Posts
It looks to me like the message on screen is "Configured dish type does not match order..." or something to that regard. What that means is that according to your home location you should have either an 18x20, KA/KU-5 or SWM-5 ODU. It's throwing up a flag to alert you that you aren't connecting to the same type of dish that is usually on your account. One of the options that you should see is the option to "Continue." Select it and the IRD will continue loading up, just without any channels that you would normally get from the 119 (usually locals).

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
Tisby said:
It looks to me like the message on screen is "Configured dish type does not match order..." or something to that regard. What that means is that according to your home location you should have either an 18x20, KA/KU-5 or SWM-5 ODU. It's throwing up a flag to alert you that you aren't connecting to the same type of dish that is usually on your account. One of the options that you should see is the option to "Continue." Select it and the IRD will continue loading up, just without any channels that you would normally get from the 119 (usually locals).
Yup, right on. if this receiver was previously activated, you should have "continue" if this is a new receiver, you might have "get waiver" which you have to call DirecTV for

· MANC
1,504 Posts
Jmcm26 said:
Ok thanks, because this is a for my rv will I have to call direct tv every time I use my rv?
Jmcm26 said:
Thanks I figured it out
You might have figured out the part about the red x's but.....

The real question is will you have to call Directv every time you set up your RV. That depends on how often you use your RV.

An authorization signal is sent out to all receivers on some unknown random timetable, if your receiver is unplugged or searching for a satellite signal it wont receive the reauthorization. Once you get it setup instead of a picture you will get a message to call Directv EX 722. Don't be in an area without some form of phone service. Or take care of it before you head out.

· Registered
11,428 Posts
samrs said:
You might have figured out the part about the red x's but.....

The real question is will you have to call Directv every time you set up your RV. That depends on how often you use your RV.

An authorization signal is sent out to all receivers on some unknown random timetable, if your receiver is unplugged or searching for a satellite signal it wont receive the reauthorization. Once you get it setup instead of a picture you will get a message to call Directv EX 722. Don't be in an area without some form of phone service. Or take care of it before you head out.
I've always been curious, how long can your receiver be left unplugged before it loses authorization? Obviously it can miss at least signal and be fine, otherwise if the signal happened to be sent during a power outage or heavy rain you'd have to reauthorize all your receivers immediately after.

Receivers I've had disconnected for some time will show the 'authorization expired' message, but usually I've had them disconnected for many months or years so I'm hardly surprised. Just wondering if the timeout is something like a week, a month, a few months?

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
only time you have to call DirecTV is if the receiver has never been activated. Once activated, you will get a "continue" instead of "get waiver" button

· Legend
227 Posts
slice1900 said:
I've always been curious, how long can your receiver be left unplugged before it loses authorization? Obviously it can miss at least signal and be fine, otherwise if the signal happened to be sent during a power outage or heavy rain you'd have to reauthorize all your receivers immediately after.

Receivers I've had disconnected for some time will show the 'authorization expired' message, but usually I've had them disconnected for many months or years so I'm hardly surprised. Just wondering if the timeout is something like a week, a month, a few months?
I know from recent experience that 5 weeks does not cause a problem with needing to have a receiver "reauthorized". But I have no idea about a longer time.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
BobStokesbary said:
I know from recent experience that 5 weeks does not cause a problem with needing to have a receiver "reauthorized". But I have no idea about a longer time.
but once again, YMMV. I have seen receivers from movers disconnected for a week that needs re-authorizations. while others longer disconnected works

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.