DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 dish receivers at home. I want to take one in my RV when I travel, and use it at home when I am home. I do not have an RV waiver for distants. Can I get the RV waiver and use my same receivers when home or on the road?

Thanks

Mitch

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
If you only use the rv on just shot vacations and weekends just get another dish and a tripod, it does depend where you live if you would get locals when in the rv out of the area, because of spot beams.

But if are living in the rv 4 to say 8 months out of the year you would need the waiver to get locals from say LA or Denver or what ever time zone your home is in.

Hope this helps.

·
Legend
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Denver User said:
If you only use the rv on just shot vacations and weekends just get another dish and a tripod, it does depend where you live if you would get locals when in the rv out of the area, because of spot beams.

But if are living in the rv 4 to say 8 months out of the year you would need the waiver to get locals from say LA or Denver or what ever time zone your home is in.

Hope this helps.
I guess my question is can I have an RV waiver on an account with more than one receiver?

Mitch

·
Hall Of Fame
1,722 Posts
makman said:
I guess my question is can I have an RV waiver on an account with more than one receiver?
Yes & my understanding is, with E*, they'll put the distants on ALL boxes on your account.
With D*, they will ONLY put them on ONE receiver on a multi-receiver account.

·
2 Posts
dishrich said:
Yes & my understanding is, with E*, they'll put the distants on ALL boxes on your account.
With D*, they will ONLY put them on ONE receiver on a multi-receiver account.
I have had an RV waiver for several years and get distant locals on all receivers. I currently have 3 dual tuner receivers (322,522,622) and one 301 active.

·
Legend
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rehlerd said:
I have had an RV waiver for several years and get distant locals on all receivers. I currently have 3 dual tuner receivers (322,522,622) and one 301 active.
Is there a receiver permanently in your RV, or does it come home with you and get used at home. If you bring it home, is it plugged in to a phone line?

Mitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.