DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Direct customer and ordered the HR34. I can't find much information about RVU clients other than Samsung will be offering some TVs with this capability.

What about other devices? In particular PCs? Currently, I have an iMac with an external tuner. The tuner allows me to watch SD quality TV in a window. The receiver feeding the tuner (via coax) is downstairs and I use an RF remote to select the channels.

I was hoping with the HR34, I could use my existing ethernet connection and RVU software on the iMac to watch TV. To expand this thought, any device in my house sitting on my network (e.g., iPad) could also watch TV from the HR34.

Does anyone know if any of this will be possible in the future?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
The only client right now is the 2011 Samsung "D" series smart TV.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of using PCs or Macs in the future, but I suspect it will be years off.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
RVU is only at v1.0. Like almost everything else in the tech world. The consumer seems to need to wait for v3.0 before any of our dreams come close to being met.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.