DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with trying to record a Series Link for the same show but it is on different channels.

Basically the 'repeats' (previous seasons) are on one channel and the 'first runs' (current season) are on a different channel. I have setup the series link to record both (repeats and first runs) and have it setup to 'keep all' until full.

At first I was just recording the repeats and it was working fine. But I wanted to start recording the current season and noticed it was not already recording, so on the channel with the current season I tried to setup a series link for the program.

It did but erased all but five of my previous season episodes, and now is not recording any on the previous season’s channel.

How can I setup a SL so that all episodes are recorded no matter what channel it is on?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
You can't.

The R15 does not allow the same show to be recorded on multiple channels.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Will it ever be able to?

·
Mentor
41 Posts
abalk said:
I'm having an issue with trying to record a Series Link for the same show but it is on different channels.

Basically the 'repeats' (previous seasons) are on one channel and the 'first runs' (current season) are on a different channel. I have setup the series link to record both (repeats and first runs) and have it setup to 'keep all' until full.

At first I was just recording the repeats and it was working fine. But I wanted to start recording the current season and noticed it was not already recording, so on the channel with the current season I tried to setup a series link for the program.

It did but erased all but five of my previous season episodes, and now is not recording any on the previous season's channel.

How can I setup a SL so that all episodes are recorded no matter what channel it is on?
The only way that I know of is to setup a SL on one channel and setup scheduled manual records on the other channel.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
You can't.

The R15 does not allow the same show to be recorded on multiple channels.
Does the HR20?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Does the HR20?
Yes, I think it does. But it still has the limit of 50, so you don't want to go wasting that on double series links.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
you could do an autorecord for a keyword search adn get them all also.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
I have two SL's set up for the same program on two different channels and it works fine. (the program is DoctorWho the current series is being recorded from BBCAmerica and the repeats are on the local PBS station).

In the list the Doctor Who's appear separtly. Having said all of that since the repeats are like 20 + years old that might be how it works.

Finally you could do a keyword search for the program in question and choose record all. This will record stuff that matches the search on all channels. My wife has a search running for "Egypt" that records from 5 + different channels.

FWIW I have an R15-500 (or is it a 200) I can't remember and I am on vacation so I can not check.

DustyTrail said:
The only way that I know of is to setup a SL on one channel and setup scheduled manual records on the other channel.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
garye20904 said:
I have two SL's set up for the same program on two different channels and it works fine. (the program is DoctorWho the current series is being recorded from BBCAmerica and the repeats are on the local PBS station).

In the list the Doctor Who's appear separtly. Having said all of that since the repeats are like 20 + years old that might be how it works.

Finally you could do a keyword search for the program in question and choose record all. This will record stuff that matches the search on all channels. My wife has a search running for "Egypt" that records from 5 + different channels.

FWIW I have an R15-500 (or is it a 200) I can't remember and I am on vacation so I can not check.
You are recording two different series so it will handle that. Just like it would The Office on NBC and The Office (BBC version). It's not based on the title but on a series ID. Try setting up CSI on Spike and CBS. Doesn't work.

·
Legend
147 Posts
Wolffpack said:
You are recording two different series so it will handle that. Just like it would The Office on NBC and The Office (BBC version). It's not based on the title but on a series ID. Try setting up CSI on Spike and CBS. Doesn't work.
Or ER on TNT and NBC. And I wouldn't suggest a keyword search setup for ER either....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.