DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Samsung DVD Recorder (R-135) and I would like to record not only live shows but shows recorded on my DVR. The DVD recorder is hooked up through my Surround Sound Receiver, which is in the rear of the room. The DVD recorder can play dvd's but when I record something it aways plays back blank. Do I have to hook the DVD recorder to my HR-20 receiver itself, or do I just hook it to my a/v receiver? Another issue is programming my channels into my DVD recorder. It is limited to 125 channels, in which I did program. But when I flip through them they all are the same channel. Since this recorder is not a Blu ray or HD DVD, can I record 720 or 1080i to my basic dvd's? The box said HDTV compliant so I figured it was. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Your DVD Record is HDTV compliant for it's OUTPUT

Unless you purchased a BluRay or HD-DVD RECORDER (which you said you didn't), you can't record the HD output of your HR20.

As for the connections.... Depends on how your AMP works... you would have to check the manual for that unit, to see how to set it up through it.

But generally... yes, you would connect the HR20 directly to your DVD Recorder. And you would use it on INPUT 1 (or 2)... the channel changer on your DVD Record is for non-digital Cable connections (or you could modulate the output of the HR20 to Channel 3/4 and use that)

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Your DVD Record is HDTV compliant for it's OUTPUT

Unless you purchased a BluRay or HD-DVD RECORDER (which you said you didn't), you can't record the HD output of your HR20.

As for the connections.... Depends on how your AMP works... you would have to check the manual for that unit, to see how to set it up through it.

But generally... yes, you would connect the HR20 directly to your DVD Recorder. And you would use it on INPUT 1 (or 2)... the channel changer on your DVD Record is for non-digital Cable connections (or you could modulate the output of the HR20 to Channel 3/4 and use that)
Thanks, I will try it out. I think I will can hook it up with my S-Video input. I appreciate the quick response. Wow. The "Earl Bonovich" responded to my question. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.