DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... This is starting to get annoying. I couldn't find anything about this in any other posts.

Every month or so, the clock will snap out of sync by about 90 minutes. This, in turn, screws up the program guide (it will show everything from an hour and half ago).

If I reset the unit, it appears to go back to normal.

I'm getting tired of doing the reset.

Has anyone heard of this issue? Any solutions (I know -- Get something from this century...)

I want to upgrade to the new HD DVR, but want to squeeze a few more months out of this box, first.

Thanks!

· Icon
509 Posts
I do not have an answer for you on your issue. But I just want to tell you this unit has the best O.T.A. tuner I have ever encountered. I like it so much that even though I do not use it for Directv service any longer I have it as my O.T.A. tuner. Just thought I would share.

· Hall Of Fame
1,070 Posts
I don't have another HD receiver for comparison, but I agree with you. The OTA and for that matter, the sat have jaw dropping quality. I do experience freezes when it rains, but having to reboot is minor compared to the pleasure of the picture quality.

· Hall Of Fame
1,070 Posts
KMB2 said:
I have a Samsung 360 that locks up about once a month and I have to unplug it to reset it. Otherwise I like the user interface. So I made the plug easy to reach.
It has a red button you know.:D

· Legend
219 Posts
I too have a TS-160, and it has the same problems. Have to restart it every now and then. I run off air through it too and like the pic. I would diffently save it even after your new HD unit. The guide is one of the easiest to read too.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
But I just want to tell you this unit has the best O.T.A. tuner I have ever encountered
I agree, one of the best so far and one of the most stable. I just upgraded to the HR10-250 and i believe that the OTA tuner is superior even to the Samsung unit.

1 Posts
:nono2: I have the same clock problem with my TS160 and it seems to be getting worse. Once a week to reboot the system is too much. Isn't there a way to reset the time without the reboot? It needs to have the correct time for the channel guide to work properly. any other ideas? Thanks. :lol:

· blah blah blah
2,548 Posts
Ditto - I still use my TS160 in a bedroom, it has a good OTA tuner, but I think the H20-600 beats it. I also have to boot mine at least once a month. I just deal with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.