DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Godfather
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my dream HDTV, a Samsung LN52A650A1F. What exactly is "a touch of color"? I do see a faint reddish edging around the frame. It looks like there is electronics in there. Is that reddish edging suppose to faintly glow? Actually in a darker room your cant see the coloring the frame just looks black, so I wonder what is so great about this "Touch or Color" unless it is suppose to illuminate.
Other than that....WOW..what a picture!

·
Legend
155 Posts
Congrats on the tv.

I also just purchased this same tv and it is fantastic.

The toc is just the slight red color around the bezel. I cannot see it in the dark either.

I'm still hooking up all my other toys to the tv. It's like xmas in September.

Have fun with your new baby!

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
This isn't really an HD DVR issue, I'm moving the thread.

·
Godfather
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stewart, sorry about that. I was trying to start a new thread and wasnt quite sure how to be "on topic" The closest topic I found was HDTV and that is the name of this thread. HDTV Forum...not HD-DVR as you imply.
Wideglide..yepper I it is Christmas here and loving watching football and all. I was on my 32" Olevia before... I even did the CE friday (0x279) night and set it up on 1080P and downloaded The Bank Job and it works perfectly. I know some Sony and other mfgs sets are having issues with "D" on 1080P. Not me...

·
AllStar
92 Posts
MrDad0330 said:
I just purchased my dream HDTV, a Samsung LN52A650A1F. What exactly is "a touch of color"? I do see a faint reddish edging around the frame. It looks like there is electronics in there. Is that reddish edging suppose to faintly glow? Actually in a darker room your cant see the coloring the frame just looks black, so I wonder what is so great about this "Touch or Color" unless it is suppose to illuminate.
Other than that....WOW..what a picture!
The reddish color surrounding the TV. I have the 46" version and it is GORGEOUS

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Just make sure you watch them in a dark room. One of the knocks on toc's, is that the red bezel actually gives the picture a red push visually. It's just the way the eye works. It's also why most manufacturers just make them black - more accurate colors that way. If you're watching in a dark room it shouldn't matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.