DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running 108 - and I got it naturally. I didn't force it during Santa's last run. During the 10B window last night, each of the four attempts resulted in a 108 download. I tried a soft re-boot, a red button reboot, and an un-plug the unit re-boot. Nothing worked. Any idea why? Is this typical of those of us that got 108 naturally?

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I don't know but due to my wife's broken wrist I missed another download opportunity. I haven't been able to be on the forum when it is announced.

I actually thought about trying to force an update anyway, just in case one was being offered. Maybe I'll have to do that every night till I get one!

· Legend
107 Posts
jimbo713 said:
I'm running 108 - and I got it naturally. I didn't force it during Santa's last run. During the 10B window last night, each of the four attempts resulted in a 108 download. I tried a soft re-boot, a red button reboot, and an un-plug the unit re-boot. Nothing worked. Any idea why? Is this typical of those of us that got 108 naturally?
Maybe it had something to do with San Antonio getting the 108 release early with LA. I see that Chris said he had problems too.

Just a guess.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
According to what I have been told, that probably is the case.

Those of you that got 0x108 automatically, your access cards where in a different authorization string... thus your box would not "see" the hopper for 0x10B

Please accept my apologizes, this whole "window" thing is a work in progress.

Earl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.