DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Not surprising to hear. Fox needs to move the show to a night paired with Fringe as their own scifi night and not opposite NFL football.

With that said, the show gained 27.9% in viewers from DVR timeshifting in the week of September 8-14 which should indicate to Fox it has a chance in the right time slot.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
They simply need to move it to another night. Heck, even the Friday graveyard would be better. Basically only so many shows can be watched live, thus why DVR ratings are so high.

Honestly I would think they want to keep it around for the full season as it would provide a good "free" advertising for the Terminator 4 movie next spring.

11,606 Posts
Monday is impossible to watch "live". Terminator, Chuck, Prison Break, Heroes, CSI, and soon My Own Worst Enemy. And then Monday Night Football when your team plays. And Dancing With The Stars for those interested. Impossible night without a DVR (or two!).

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
I like it, but wouldn't be surprised to see it go. Airing it on a jam-packed night divides the audience that likely has tastes in other shows the same night... instead of putting it against different types of programming choice on another night. That plus FOX having a history of not giving shows a chance, and I'm surprised it has been on this long already!

· Hall Of Fame
1,043 Posts
darn it...yes this needs to be moved...& john conner seeming
like a spoiled teenager most of the time don't help either...
he needs to have a lot tougher personality....i mean he is
the leader of the resistance for petes sake....

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
You know... I have seen speculation on other forums... It might be an intriguing twist to find out that the Terminators actually want to ensure that a wimpy John Connor gets installed as the leader of the resistance so that they can win. All their interference with the past could be to ensure he is less prepared.

· Godfather
291 Posts
xxplayactionxx said:
I watched a couple of episodes and it was lame. Terminated.
The first two episodes were pretty bad - the pilot being the worst. It really did improve and actually caught some momentum by the end of S1! I haven't watched anything from S2 yet, so I don't know if they kept up that pace or not.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
I just finally got around to watching this week's show. All of a sudden we have "wimpy John Conner" starting his transition towards growing into the leader he is to become. It was a good episode overall, what I consider to be the best of this season.

· In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09
3,381 Posts
Well, since this John Connor is 16, I think it is okay that he is moody and withdrawn and sulky. I have 2 16 year old boys - just like him!!

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Supramom2000 said:
Well, since this John Connor is 16, I think it is okay that he is moody and withdrawn and sulky. I have 2 16 year old boys - just like him!!
Not to mention all he wants is to hang out with a girl or two and his Mom keeps fouling things up. Not remotely fair. :sure:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.