DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR20 was installed last week and I had a problem with the MPEG4 locals breaking up. I called support and it seems that my multiswitch was never changed.

Also, on sat 103, I get over 90% signal strength on the odd transponders and 0 on the evens for those not listed as NA.

Support told me to reverse the sat inputs on the HR20 and that cleared up my MPEG4 breakup problem. So now I get all 4 of my Hidef locals and all the other channels work correctly.

Today they are coming out to put in a new multiswitch.

QUESTION: Should I get a signal on the even channel transponders or is 0 ok?

I live in the Chicago area. I have 2 SD Tivos, 1 HD Tivo, and the HR20 hooked up.

·
AllStar
65 Posts
I get zero on XP 2 & 4, but a low value around 20-25 on XP 6, which I think is aimed at another reception area. As you say, values in the 90s should be seen on 1, 3, 5, as they are the spotbeams for Chicagoland.

I get readings in the 65-95 range for all 6 active transponders on the 99 sat.
Anyone know if some or all of those are Chicagoland spotbeams?

·
AllStar
56 Posts
I live in Cary
have had all zeros on even transponders on the 103 since day 1.
But I am still having hd local problems every once in a while that I cannot figure out what the cause is.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jspiewak said:
I live in Cary
But I am still having hd local problems every once in a while that I cannot figure out what the cause is.
They had me switch the sat cables on the back of the HR20. Haven't had a problem since then which was only 6 days ago.

But today they are putting in the correct multiswitch. I also ordered the sonora 1422 power inserter which I understand will help improve the switching performance. It was only $45 so I figured I would give it a try. Should get it on Monday.

·
Banned
614 Posts
jspiewak said:
I live in Cary
If your dish has been peaked/aligned correctly you should get most of the tp's on 99 and 103, some will read zero, but you should get something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.