DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Godfather
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been losing SAT 110 in the past few hours? I'm losing it quite often. It has been rainy here today & I expect to lose SAT then, but I should not be losing it when it's just overcast/cloudy, right? I've done all the normal things; check switch, system info, etc. Anyone else having this issue?

Ken.

· Superstar
558 Posts
You shouldn't of check switch. That messes up everything. Just simple reset like pressing the button on your receiver for 5 sec or taking the plug out for 15 sec.

I saw Charlie on Tech Forum addressing the new launch and giving a powerful signal strength for 110° on August 27, 2008 or the end of August.

9 Posts
I'm in Georgetown, Tx and it is cloudy here and I have totally lost 110. It's been gone for about 3 hours. All the others I normally receive are OK (119, 129, and 61.5). It would seem like if weather was a thefactor, I would not be able to get 129.

· Super Moderator
54,203 Posts
satexplorer said:
I saw Charlie on Tech Forum addressing the new launch and giving a powerful signal strength for 110° on August 27, 2008 or the end of August.
The most recent filing with the FCC gave August 21st as the arrival date at 110° ... E11 just passed 119° headed that way. (An extension of the authority to move E11 from the test location to the permanent location was filed because the move will not be completed by the end of the initial move permission that expires August 19th.)
cthtexas said:
I'm in Georgetown, Tx and it is cloudy here and I have totally lost 110. It's been gone for about 3 hours. All the others I normally receive are OK (119, 129, and 61.5). It would seem like if weather was a thefactor, I would not be able to get 129.
It is possible that weather would affect one and not the other ... they are separated in the sky ... but it is unlikely one would be out "for hours" while the other was unaffected.

I'm receiving 110° channels fine ... is there any particular channel/channels/transponders that are still missing?

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
Normally - if you have a weather related DBS problem, it goes away when the problem weather leaves. If it goes out "for hours and hours" - you have some other issue - water in your cables, wet vegitation hanging in your LOS, dish needs repointing, etc.

9 Posts
You were correct, it was something other than weather. We had a brief power outage yesterday (just a bump) that appears to have been the problem. I called Dish tech support and they had me unplug (reset) my DP44 switch and then do a "Check Switch" test. Everything is back to normal again.

The Dish support person was very sharp and polite. Thanks "scooper" and thanks Dish tech support.

· Godfather
573 Posts
scooper said:
Normally - if you have a weather related DBS problem, it goes away when the problem weather leaves. If it goes out "for hours and hours" - you have some other issue - water in your cables, wet vegitation hanging in your LOS, dish needs repointing, etc.
You assume the weather doesn't last "for hours and hours."

We had heavy rain here in the Denver area most of Saturday, and receiving signals from 129 was a coin toss most of the day.

· Legend
220 Posts
From what I understand, the existing 110 satellite (E8?) is being moved slightly to accommodate the new E-11. Fringe areas may lose signal strength or worse. If the dish is not peaked very well, signal strength will suffer as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.