DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have swm 16 setup with a 5 LNB dish. Suddenly the signal on all 119 tps has dropped to 0. The signals on the three 110 tps are in the mid-90s. Do you think it is more likely an LNB problem or a swm problem? All receivers are experiencing the 0 signal levels on 119.

There are a couple of channels that come from 119 that we sometimes watch and I'd like to get them back. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sat signals are strong on all the other sats.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,588 Posts
Is it possible a tree or something else has moved in the way of the signal from 119?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beerstalker said:
Is it possible a tree or something else has moved in the way of the signal from 119?
I guess that's possible. I've got the protection plan so I'll have to give them a call.

·
Problem Solver
1,916 Posts
At your location, the 119 bird sits VERY low in the sky, and is located far off to the west of the boar-sight (straight shot) of your KaKu. It's easily blocked by the even the most minimal tree cover.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trees have grown over the years so I suppose it's possible if 119 is that low. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a DROID RAZR, but I won't have time to do anything before Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
Also double check the coax from the dish to the SWM16. Make sure the connections to the 22KHz inputs are good. Are you getting good signal on 103 (odd and even) transponders? If so, that should be good. If not, if you are missing both 119 and 103, then you might have a problem between the dish and the SWM16 (or the LNB).

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those who were curious, tree growth is blocking 119. There's nothing I can do about it because the tree belongs to my neighbor.

·
Godfather
2,045 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.