DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my HR20 set up correctly with a direct line running to a brand new AT9 dish. I noticed that if I have the HR20 setup for the 5 LNB dish it will lock up randomly throughout the day starting a eventual reboot loop. The only way to resolve this is to quickly change the settings back to 3 LNB dish before it locks up or to do a fresh reformat which will result in lock ups again after a couple of hours.

All transponders show 95 or higher except for the occasional 0 on the new 99 and 103.

Even with the receiver set up for 3 LNBs I still get the black screens in the morning, but at least I can watch TV for a little while without a lock up.

I don't have the "B" filters installed. Should they be for the 5LNB dish?

Also, I don't have the 2nd tuner hooked up, waiting for a multiswitch that's supposed to come tomorrow. Why does the 2nd tuner still show signal on even transponders even though theres no cable connected?

This has been my worst experience with DirecTV and is actually pushing me to jump ship after 10 years.

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
the whole point of the bband converter is so that you can properly pick up the ka bands on sat 99 and 103......for a while when i was installing 5lnb kaku dishes it would work fine without it because the 99 and 103 were not in orbit yet....they are not required for 3lnb dishes because they are still ku band satellites....the 99 and 103 are in a ka band hence the 5lnb dish is called a kaku dish.....put that bband converter on now!

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response... on Christmas even. I added the filter inline and it hasn't locked up yet. But it usually takes a couple hours to let the receiver get through all the guide data, i think that that's when it locks up.

I'm still showing some phantom signal on Tuner 2 even transponders. What's up with that?

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, without fail the HR20 locked up again for no reason. This time with no remote control response. Reset the unit with a RBR and it sent it into a Reboot loop.

Unplugged the unit for 30 secs and it works now, but who knows how long. I'm definitely calling Customer Retention tomorrow.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,879 Posts
isdnmatt said:
Also, I don't have the 2nd tuner hooked up, waiting for a multiswitch that's supposed to come tomorrow. Why does the 2nd tuner still show signal on even transponders even though theres no cable connected?
It doesn't seem right that the second tuner is showing signal. This may be an artifact of partial FTM support.

What cables (any and all kinds) do you have connected to the HR20? It has been noted that having an Ethernet connection can cause spontaneous lockups and, to a lesser extent OTA connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.