DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mentor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I tried searching and couldn't find any info on this for the HR20 or R15 or H20.

Yesterday I f'd up and moved my dish so I had to re-aling it. It's on a tripod and I had done it just fine earlier with the help of someone downstairs on the phone. Yesterday I was alone in the house and the dog being no help I decided to fire up the signal meters and use the audio feedback.

To my surprise, I get no audio feedback at all! Is this a glitch in the HR20s? Yes I'm using the RCA output to get the audio and I'm not trying to get it through the optical cable or HDMI (which don't work either but don't expect them to).

I plugged in my DirecTiVo and used that to align the dish but the TiVo is finding a new home as of today so I won't have it in case I need to re-align in the future.

I'm sure the new receivers MUST have the audio feedback. Is there a special way to turn it on? Should it be on as soon as I'm on the signal strength screen? The screen says something like: "pick the tuner you wish to peak and press select". There's only a + and - sign. Most people use only one dish so I don't see the point in being able to switch the audio feedback between tuners.

Anyway. Any suggestions? :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Huh?

It is still there.

When you are in the SAT Test Screen...
Chose the option "signal meter" (IIRC, it is the 2nd entry on the options on the lower right side)

It will allow you to pick one tuner, one sat, one transponder and give you the BEEP style test.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
wmschultz said:
Mine has never beeped.
It is not in the "default" screen.
You need to go to the 2nd screen... where it shows you just 1 Tuner, 1 SAT, 1 Transponder at a time.

And a "bar" graph showing...

It is also possible that it may not go out over the optical output, and may just be the red/white connections (I'll have to double check that)

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Same here, no audible on screen Earl is talking about and I have HDMI hooked up and RCA stereo to TV, and Optical running to receiver.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Hmmm...

Guess, I'll have to double check when I get home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.