DBSTalk Forum banner

satellites for THR22

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  samrs 
#1 ·
I am trying to replace a HR24 with a THR22. The signal strength for 101, 99c, and 103cb are all above 90, but 103ca shows "NA" for all transponders. The HR24 doesn't have this problem. This same behavior is seen with another dish at a different location.

Has anyone seen this issue?

If I can't get 103ca, then I'll need to return the Tivo unit.

#3 ·
Was there BBC adapters ( 2 ) attached to the HR24 ? Did you put it on them on the THR22 ?

If the HR24 has only one cable connected it is probably SWM system and then this does not apply.

#11 ·
samrs said:
Doing a software upgrade is the only way to get it to work.

RBR 02468 at the welcome screen or when the lights come back on.
Thanks everyone. This looks promising. Will this work even before I activate the new box?

I had to lookup "RBR 02468". Can I get confirmation that this is the complete instructions for that?

"Do a red button reset, and when the first blue screen comes on, hit 02468 on your remote."

#12 ·
You have to do the software download before you activate or it wont pass instalation verification.

You might have to play with the 02468 some. Different models respond quicker than others. H25s are ready when the power light comes on, if you wait for a picture on the tv its to late. Ive only done a few THR22 so I'm not sure.

Some Techs that dont follow the procedure get stuck at the same step you did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.