DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· This Space for Sale
Joined
·
7,436 Posts
In the past, NBC didn't officially announce their plans until the Thursday before the race.

If it is like the Derby, then the first OT will be on NBC, anything past that went to CNBC (although the first announcement was it was going to NBC Sports).

(this thread probably should be under sports programming and not DirecTV General Discussion as this isn't specific to DirecTV)
 

· Icon
Joined
·
631 Posts
The game starts at 1pm on Saturday. I doubt it's an issue but alot of NY'ers will be pissed if they have to change channels to watch the end of the game.

If the game goes really late I would say the race goes to NBC Sports Network.
 

· This Space for Sale
Joined
·
7,436 Posts
adkinsjm said:
If anyone thinks any part of the game will be on NHL Network or CNBC, they're crazy.
I agree with you comment about the NHL Network, but why not CNBC? That was the plan if the game last week went past the 1st OT and conflicted with the Kentucky Derby pre-race events.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
477 Posts
Okay, you are already get worked up over nothing. They will have plenty of time to complete the game and overtime of needed. Why worry about it now? Stress about it of it actually goes longer.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
405 Posts
trh said:
In the past, NBC didn't officially announce their plans until the Thursday before the race.

If it is like the Derby, then the first OT will be on NBC, anything past that went to CNBC (although the first announcement was it was going to NBC Sports).

(this thread probably should be under sports programming and not DirecTV General Discussion as this isn't specific to DirecTV)
Actually, in that second announcement they said that 2 full overtimes would be shown on NBC and anything beyond that would be shown on CNBC.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
631 Posts
FenixTX said:
Okay, you are already get worked up over nothing. They will have plenty of time to complete the game and overtime of needed. Why worry about it now? Stress about it of it actually goes longer.
I really don't see it being a major concern. Very doubtful the hockey game goes past 5pm.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trh said:
It won't be a concern even if it goes into multiple OTs. I have a device called a remote control which enables me to change to the 'new' channel without even getting off the sofa.
So do I, but I also have a device called a DVR and it lets me watch the game at a time of my own choosing and if I do not set it to record a particular channel at a particular time it does not do so, so if it is a very long game I might sit down to watch at, say 7PM local time and miss the deciding goal in the 3rd overtime.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
925 Posts
dhkinil said:
So do I, but I also have a device called a DVR and it lets me watch the game at a time of my own choosing and if I do not set it to record a particular channel at a particular time it does not do so, so if it is a very long game I might sit down to watch at, say 7PM local time and miss the deciding goal in the 3rd overtime.
Life is harsh.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
477 Posts
"dhkinil" said:
So do I, but I also have a device called a DVR and it lets me watch the game at a time of my own choosing and if I do not set it to record a particular channel at a particular time it does not do so, so if it is a very long game I might sit down to watch at, say 7PM local time and miss the deciding goal in the 3rd overtime.
And that's why you extend the recording time for 30 minutes.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,669 Posts
trh said:
It won't be a concern even if it goes into multiple OTs. I have a device called a remote control which enables me to change to the 'new' channel without even getting off the sofa.
Funny thing about that remote, though, it cannot go back in time and change the channels when you get home from life and want to watch the game on your DVR. That is a serious problem for us on the West Coast where all the East Coast games are really early!
 

· This Space for Sale
Joined
·
7,436 Posts
islesfan said:
Funny thing about that remote, though, it cannot go back in time and change the channels when you get home from life and want to watch the game on your DVR. That is a serious problem for us on the West Coast where all the East Coast games are really early!
I guess I was applying my own ideals where real hockey fans wouldn't miss watching a play-off game live. :D

But in all seriousness, set your DVR for the first four to five hours on NBC and then starting at 4:30 for another three hours for whatever channel NBC announces they will shift to if the game goes into multiple OTs. You'll most likely end up with a bunch of non-hockey recordings, but it is easy to delete those hours later.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
553 Posts
trh said:
I guess I was applying my own ideals where real hockey fans wouldn't miss watching a play-off game live. :D

But in all seriousness, set your DVR for the first four to five hours on NBC and then starting at 4:30 for another three hours for whatever channel NBC announces they will shift to if the game goes into multiple OTs. You'll most likely end up with a bunch of non-hockey recordings, but it is easy to delete those hours later.
This!

Rocket Science, it's not.

Should pose zero problems to any Hockey fans out there.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top