DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering upgrading to Hopper 3 from my original Hopper system. I have a couple of external hard drives that have recordings on them (don't ask! lol) as well as what is on the Hopper drive. The CSR indicated that those are all incompatible with the H3 and would be lost. I've scanned this site, but am not seeing that confirmed. Can someone let me know if that is in fact the case, or if he was incorrect and those recordings would be viewable on the H3.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Hoppers (all models thus far) can all share the same EHDs as long as those Hoppers were on the same account. So once you swap your old for your new Hopper, your EHD should work just fine. That doesn't mean there can't be a glitch. There have been those, I think, but the intent and intended functionality is that those EHD can be shared across Hopper models.

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
I just upgraded from a Hopper 1 to an H3. I transferred all my recordings off the H1 to an external drive (2 in fact). After the H3 was installed, I hooked each drive up and everything was fine.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hoppers (all models thus far) can all share the same EHDs as long as those Hoppers were on the same account. So once you swap your old for your new Hopper, your EHD should work just fine. That doesn't mean there can't be a glitch. There have been those, I think, but the intent and intended functionality is that those EHD can be shared across Hopper models.
Thanks Stewart. I agree glitches can always occur, but it sounds like I should be good to go.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just upgraded from a Hopper 1 to an H3. I transferred all my recordings off the H1 to an external drive (2 in fact). After the H3 was installed, I hooked each drive up and everything was fine.
Great news dmspen! That's exactly what I wanted to hear was someone who had just gone successfully through it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.