DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Retired Member
3,585 Posts
I agree ... it would be very nice if we could edit programs to produce multiple sourced recordings ... but I can just see the lawyers licking their lips. :facelick:

We might have to wait a while.:(

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
It's not terrible expensive to get a video capture card for a PC. You could take the output of the DVR (e.g. RCA to TV2) and capture the video on a PC. Then you can edit to your heart's content.

On the other hand, it would be great to set a start and stop point in a recording and edit it. A few years ago I recorded a PG-13 off Cinemax. The DVR had its usual -3 munite padding on the start time. Imagine the shock when I played the movie and the previous show was a Skinemax special! I wish I could have edited that!

· AllStar
205 Posts
Yes this is one of the features I really miss from my TiVo. With TiVo you could get an access key for your PC that allowed you to download the content from the TiVo to your PC and edit it. You could even burn it to a DVD afterwards. As I remember it worked with a version of Creative's video editing software.

· Retired Member
3,585 Posts
dmspen said:
It's not terrible expensive to get a video capture card for a PC. You could take the output of the DVR (e.g. RCA to TV2) and capture the video on a PC. Then you can edit to your heart's content.

On the other hand, it would be great to set a start and stop point in a recording and edit it. A few years ago I recorded a PG-13 off Cinemax. The DVR had its usual -3 munite padding on the start time. Imagine the shock when I played the movie and the previous show was a Skinemax special! I wish I could have edited that!
I can understand your shock. :lol:

With my PC being upstairs in my office and the DVR downstairs connected to the TV in the Living Room, your suggestion - as good as it is - lacks a certain ... convenience. ;)

In the old days, I could do editing and titleing right there with the VCR and some video gear.

Maybe the "old days" weren't so kludgy after all. :)

· Mentor
41 Posts
One of the features that the DirecTV receivers have that I wish Dish had is the ability to set bookmarks in your recordings. Not exactly what your looking for but you can set multiple bookmarks in a recording and just skip from one bookmark to the next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.