Thats why I have a bounty out on the NAB and the dinocasters.La Push Commercial Codman said:The National Association of Broadcaster certainly played hangman with Charlie Ergen and his little Boo-Boo with distant networks.
NO THANK YOU! :nono: :nono: :nono: on tivcrapo I don't want anything to do with their sell out device and software. Even if it means Dish loses their PVR. No thanks!La Push Commercial Codman said:I know there is still a issue, with TIVO AND DISH NETWORK, but maybe if E* can go along with TIVO AND AGREE to a contract with E*, I bet TIVO will build receivers for Dish Network on DVR'S
I am still working on the specifics but the whole idea is the creation of theLa Push Commercial Codman said:FINNALY, MEDIACOM and Sinclair will not agree to a contract for retransmission consent. I figured Dish Network will gain a bunch of subs.. But when January 1st, 2009 fastly comes, DISH NETWORK better think about, getting HD local's up and consider a goal of only to west coast hd locals to area's involved in mountain regions, like San Diego, ..st hd locals. Federal Government created wasted bandwidth, and it's running DISH NETWORK into the ground. .
Satellite Consuer Fair Access and Protection Act of 2007.
Goal: Fix the mess that SHVA, SHIVA, SHERVA and Title 17 have all created.
First, everyone needs to stop looking at "locals" and "affilaites" and look at NETWORKS..... NBC, ABC, CBS etc... You hit the nail on the head its a waste of limited resources to send 100's of duplicate signals of the same stuff via DBS. So lets stop....
I am still working on the specifics but what I am seeking in the SCFAPA 2007 is basically:
1) Dish is PERMITTED to offer ANY AND ALL TAKERS a set of 8 national feed channels for the networks. Till such time as the networks choose to get on board and feed Dish these channels direct the DBS carrier will be permitted to select one source of each network in the Eastern and Western time zones. NOPE, no argument from the source chosen. If its LA, NY, Podunk or Hooterville, thats the DBS carriers choice.
2) Those who subscribe to the network package will pay a NAB & Affiliates Extorion Fee and Tax and it will be worded and label exactly that way and for what it is. Say $2.00/month, thats works out to $0.25/month per channel. This fee will be paid to the NAB to divide to the dinocasters in the manner they decide.
3) The NAB will be told only the following that you have 300 subs of the network package for zipcode 12345. Thats it, nothing more. If the NAB wants to divide it up so that WDNO (fictitous) gets 300 X $0.25 (or whatever) for the subs in their DMA, fine. If its another formula fine, too. Thats between the NAB and the dinocasters. They can squabble how the pie is divided on their end. The CONSUMER has paid the cost for them.
4) No waivers, no testing, no grade a, grade b, white areas, unserved or served. Everyone can sign up. Thats why #3. The idea is simple this is simply about "alleged" loss of monies from viewers not watching x dinocaster so their ad revenue is down......Oh puhlease.... ADS who watches the ads! PVR and the remote killed the ad along time ago. So heres your money, shut up.
5) A time line is setup for the ELIMINIATION of Part 73 Television. Guess who just wasted a ton of money on ATSC upgrdes.... SUCKERS.
6) There is no elimination of LIL, if the DBS carriers want to waste technology and space on LIL, fine. Thats their choice, I am just after getting whats needed for the future and thats not LIL.
7) Part 73 is modified so that all stations have zero say in DBS or crapble carrying their signal if they choose to. So no more retrans disputes ala Sinclair currently. Basically Part 73 would mandate that you if you broadcast it and if another service like DBS picks it up and sends its along to its subs, so be it!
8) An incentive and timeline to encourage the networks to shove the dinocasters out!
9) The nonsense on ATSC signals not being allowed to carry differing time zones is wiped away.. ie: W zone getting an E feed, and E getting a W feed. Makes it compatible with the present system. Allow for HD feeds of networks if the DBS carrier wants.
10) Permit DBS to take an ATSC signal convert to non ATSC and send this along. So that when 2009 rolls around (if it actually takes place) when ATSC is the only source and the networks still haven't gotten the hint DBS can convert to continue network feeds in their present form.
NOTE: Don't confuse the transmission method of DBS with the method the source may be transmitted in, ie: OTA ATSC, OTA NTSC, DBS DVB-S, DBS DSS etc.. The above is simply to allow an ATSC source to be converted to video and sent as a NON HD or SD signal (SD is NOT EQUIVALENT to NTSC ANALOG) in the transmission mode of the carrier ie: DVB-S for DISH DBS-DSS for direcrap, QAM for crapble.
11) All the syndex and other crap is tossed out! Its 2007 and none of it applies. Other than a few of the afternoon hormone shows very few dinocasters show reruns or the same syndicated programming like they did. Most have crapcasts, err, newscast (whatever) that start at 4 or 5PM and run till the network national news starts. Then some more fluff and filler for from 7 to 8PM. Most is mostly "entertainment news" or a few other select shows like Wheel and Jeporady (I can remember when these were on in the DAYTIME and you went shopping on Wheel!)
The dinocasters have shown they have no respect for the consumer in the marketplace so its time to get rid of them!