DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know (Earl) if D-TV is going to add the ability to schedule programs via a web interface anytime soon? That is if the Ethernet port or USB ports come online?:sure:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Define soon?

I highly doubt if it comes it will be in 2006, but 2007 is a "new year"...

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
They will first have to integrate and syncronize other account related items with the web - such as the billing, order and installation tracking. The Billing part is OK, but it lags what's really there.

To control the device via a web interface, the device must first be able to accept remote commands - whether it be via network or actual satellite feed. I don't know if the base functionality/programming even exists as part of the unit or not.

I think a more viable solution would be to offer remote control via a standalone client which would be installed on a local PC. This client would download guide data from the web (like TV tuner software), and read the current setup of the unit. Then that software could be contrlled via a web interface.

·
Icon
777 Posts
Slip Jigs said:
I think a more viable solution would be to offer remote control via a standalone client which would be installed on a local PC. This client would download guide data from the web (like TV tuner software), and read the current setup of the unit. Then that software could be contrlled via a web interface.
Do you're basically talking something like DVArchive or WiRNS for the ReplayTV?

I'd love to see a "lite" version for cell phones and PDAs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.