DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Icon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't beleive how fast the screen saver turns on. It must be 5 minutes or less. Just about EVERY time I go to the rest room, get a snack, whatever.. as I am coming down the stairs (to the very dark finished basement) it turns on. Almost the worst timing possible... I can't see! I by habit pause the show during a bright scene to see. It is way to short. It needs to be 10 minutes or more. Don't tell me that 10 minutes will cause any burn in. DISH recievers don't have ANY screen saver.. and all our TV's were just fine after 4 years.

I realize this is a 'minor' thing.. but HOW HARD CAN IT BE to fix? I bet it would take 1 programmer 10 seconds... to help millions of people see when they are going to the bathroom on movie night!

·
Legend
152 Posts
mlydy1 said:
Hahaha glad I have an Philips Ambilight for those bathrooms trips! :)
Amen brother. On a side note, I made a homemeade ambilight for the bedroom. I picked up a mini flourescent fixture from Wallyworld for $7 and mounted it behind my LCD(sits on a stand). Works great.

·
Icon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK.. I read that little intro.. but what IS it? Lights around your TV?? It wasn't at all clear on what ambilight is.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,322 Posts
I love the sceen saver because sometimes i get work related calls and end up pausing and walking away for 30 minutes from my plasma. I mean honestly, *****ing about a screen saver (which is one of those options thats better than not) is like *****ing about a car with power locks coming with key less entry. I mean honestly what is the big deal. You guys must have never owned an r15.

·
Icon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love it too.. don't get me wrong.. but it's one of those TEENY tiny things that setting to 10 mins rather than 5 would halp millions. It's timed to be the worst possible length... and really.. how hard can this be fix.. 5 mins in the thousands of hours they are putting into this unit.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Slyster said:
OK.. I read that little intro.. but what IS it? Lights around your TV?? It wasn't at all clear on what ambilight is.
Yep, that's exactly what it is .... lights that project behind your TV with the proper color temperature to supposedly improve the TV's video quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.