DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on my HR10-250 this morning and found the following:
Green bars and black lines covering my entire screen making everything unwatchable; all though, I can hear the audio. The system is also locked, where I can't change channels or use the menu function. But when I hit the menu, I can hear the beeps and boops, but can't view.

I unplugged the unit and I could see the startup screens normally. When it finished the startup, back were the green bars described above.

Is there something I could do other than the reset? Has this happened to anyone else.

By the way, I have not recevied the 6.3 upgrade as of yet.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
138 Posts
What resolution are you in? It might be in a resolution that the TV can't decode. In other words you might have the HR10 in 1080i and the TV only does 720p or vice versa. I believe the startup screens are in 480, IIRC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davidrumm said:
What resolution are you in? It might be in a resolution that the TV can't decode. In other words you might have the HR10 in 1080i and the TV only does 720p or vice versa. I believe the startup screens are in 480, IIRC.
Thanks for your response. I'll check that when I get home; however, I was watching an HD movie I previously recorded....went to sleep.....next day, no picture. I never physically changed the resolution.

If anyone else has an idea, please let me know.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Vinny said:
I turned on my HR10-250 this morning and found the following:
Green bars and black lines covering my entire screen making everything unwatchable; all though, I can hear the audio. The system is also locked, where I can't change channels or use the menu function. But when I hit the menu, I can hear the beeps and boops, but can't view.

I unplugged the unit and I could see the startup screens normally. When it finished the startup, back were the green bars described above.

Is there something I could do other than the reset? Has this happened to anyone else.

By the way, I have not recevied the 6.3 upgrade as of yet.
I had a receiver that after much time of normal watching gave me the same issue. When I called tech support, they sent me another receiver, the same one, unfortunately. A couple of days after installing it, I got the same problem again. I was connected via component cables. I switched to HDMI and have not had the problem again! Maybe there is a common defect in the component connections?
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
99 Posts
Vinny said:
I turned on my HR10-250 this morning and found the following:
Green bars and black lines covering my entire screen making everything unwatchable; all though, I can hear the audio. The system is also locked, where I can't change channels or use the menu function. But when I hit the menu, I can hear the beeps and boops, but can't view.

I unplugged the unit and I could see the startup screens normally. When it finished the startup, back were the green bars described above.

Is there something I could do other than the reset? Has this happened to anyone else.

By the way, I have not recevied the 6.3 upgrade as of yet.
All you need to do is cycle through the output formats - 480i, 480p, etc. The screen will fix itself. I had the same thing right after the 6.3 upgrade and once more out-of-the-blue since then.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
hiltsy855 said:
All you need to do is cycle through the output formats - 480i, 480p, etc. The screen will fix itself. I had the same thing right after the 6.3 upgrade and once more out-of-the-blue since then.
The problem is, the picture is so messed up that you cannot see what you are doing. Again, it doesn't happen with HDMI...
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
294 Posts
hiltsy855 said:
All you need to do is cycle through the output formats - 480i, 480p, etc. The screen will fix itself.
If the remote does not respond to changing output formats you can also use the format button on the front of the receiver to return the video to normal.

RandCfilm
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
139 Posts
Vinny said:
I unplugged the unit and I could see the startup screens normally. When it finished the startup, back were the green bars described above.[/FONT]

Is there something I could do other than the reset? Has this happened to anyone else.

By the way, I have not recevied the 6.3 upgrade as of yet.
During startup- no matter the connection to your tv, the HD-Tivo outputs in 480i. As soon as the box finishes its startup routine and gets to the "signal acquisition" page it switches over to 1080i by default. It doesn't matter if you have it hooked up via HDMI, Component, Composite or S-video- the resolution switches to 1080i and, if you're using the SD outputs, will lose picture (the HD-Tivo cannot do simultaneous SD and HD output).

Check your resolution and flip it to 480i, 480p or 720p and you should get your picture back. If you've been running it in 1080i this whole time and your tv is just now doing this, it could be the scaler in the HD-Tivo or the line doubler in the TV.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
56 Posts
rarechaga said:
The problem is, the picture is so messed up that you cannot see what you are doing. Again, it doesn't happen with HDMI...
I think what he is saying is "if" that is the problem the screen should return to normal when you reach the correct output. Just push the up arrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bpayne said:
Check your resolution and flip it to 480i, 480p or 720p and you should get your picture back. If you've been running it in 1080i this whole time and your tv is just now doing this, it could be the scaler in the HD-Tivo or the line doubler in the TV.
I did that and it worked! Thanks a lot everyone!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top