DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
It will be great to see Scrubs in HD. Thank you to ABC for doing this. It was one of the few shows I still watch in SD.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
gregory said:
Well there was ONE episode back in 2006 that was HD. Not sure why they didn't continue in HD.
I seem to recall this too, but the HD episode wasn't in 16:9, but the regular 4:3 format.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
At one point they were putting forth the excuse that all the sets were built for 4:3 and they decided it didn't look as good in 16:9. I say, hooey.

· Hall Of Fame
3,136 Posts
I can beleive that, mostly because it is not a set that was built. They are filming inside an old hospital which was not made with the thoughts of shooting a TV show obviously. The Directors and showrunners said that since much of the action takes place in corridors and other confined spaces that they did not feel showing more corridor wall was worth it and it was not good for the look of the show.

Maybe they were really hoping that NBC would kick them some extra dough, but it certainly seems plausible to me.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
I don't recall it being in 16:9, but I may be mistaken.

Any idea if the hospital is still standing? They were supposed to bulldoze it over this summer. I wonder if the building got a 1 year reprieve or if the show will actually be shot in another location this next season.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
n3ntj said:
I don't recall it being in 16:9, but I may be mistaken.

Any idea if the hospital is still standing? They were supposed to bulldoze it over this summer. I wonder if the building got a 1 year reprieve or if the show will actually be shot in another location this next season.
The hospital has actually had a couple (or few) one-year reprieves ... but I couldn't find a reference with a quick Google search. However I did find there is an entire Wiki page devoted to Sacred Heart Hospital, and that the hospital is actually the location for non-hospital settings, such as the apartment of Dr. Cox...

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Heart_Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital is the setting of the American sitcom Scrubs. The set of Sacred Heart is in the former North Hollywood Medical Center (
34°9′28.86″N, 118°24′31.22″W), a real decommissioned hospital at 12629 Riverside Drive in North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. Besides providing the set for Sacred Heart, the hospital also houses many other Scrubs sets (such as the apartments of J.D. and Dr. Cox, and the bar), the offices of many of the Scrubs crew, and post-production facilities (such as the voice-over studio and editing suite). Since 2007, the TV series Diagnosis X is also filmed in the building; the Sacred Heart Hospital rear entrance ramp, differently dressed, can be seen in several episodes. It is also the hospital used in the popular television series, "Desperate Housewives."

· Hall Of Fame
1,753 Posts
Yes, the hospital is still standing.

It was supposed to be torn down to build condos, but with the current state of the real estate market, that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

· Hall Of Fame
3,136 Posts
I was thinking about that the other day. They were going to tear it down a couple or more years back and of course worked a deal to avoid it. The owners may well have lost their opportunity to sell for any profit for some time. Hopefully, they took care of themsevles in that deal or they are probably bangining their heads against the wall right now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.