DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone have Scrubs in HD tonight? I know it was supposed to be in HD, but in my DMA (Nashville) it was not. All shows before, and after, Earl and ER was in HD. I know that Nashville always has shows in HD, but why not Scrubs?

·
Godfather
410 Posts
It was not HD in Chicago.

I wonder if there was a problem, because my OTA version of "The Office" was cutting in and out.

I chalked it up to the freezing rain, but it didn't happen with Scrubs in SD on the OTA digital.

·
Icon
650 Posts
fpd917 said:
Did anyone have Scrubs in HD tonight? I know it was supposed to be in HD, but in my DMA (Nashville) it was not. All shows before, and after, Earl and ER was in HD. I know that Nashville always has shows in HD, but why not Scrubs?
I'm in Stockton, CA. The office was in HD now watching Scrubs and it is not in HD although the guide says it is.

·
Legend
209 Posts
Yeah I was bummed it wasn't in HD. One of my fav shows and it was hard to watch after watching The Office in HD. I hope this was just a one week thing and it really is supposed to be in HD.

·
Legend
103 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread. Scrubs was in SD in Los Angeles tonight, unfortunately. Right afterward, 30 Rock was inHD. The season finale of Scrubs this spring was in HD, and it was awesome.

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know why it would not be in HD. Everything NBC has as far as primetime shows are in HD, why not Scrubs. It is a shame because it is such a great show.

·
Legend
209 Posts
No HD Scrubs in NYC either. I was a bit confused about that as well. I am glad that other people think it is a really good show. I thought I was the only one. It seems that I am the only one out of my friends and family that watch that show.

The Office is really good too.

·
Godfather
394 Posts
According to the NBC website, these channels are what is listed as being in HD:

"What shows does NBC currently broadcast in high-definition?
Crossing Jordan, ER, Las Vegas, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Medium, My Name is Earl, The Office, Saturday Night Live, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, are currently broadcast in HDTV. Occasionally, theatrical films and made-for-TV movies are also broadcast in the high-definition format."

I do not know if the list is complete OR if when it was last updated.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
460 Posts
This was posted over in the AVSFORUM -- seems to explain it:

As an experiment, the Season 5 finale episode "My Transition" (#5.24) was finished and aired in High Definition. Scrubs is the first network show to their on-line edit in Final Cut Pro SD, and with this episode becomes the first network show to HD on-line on Final Cut Pro. However the show continues to be produced in Standard Definition. According to the producer, Randall Winston: "After a lot of teasing, yes, the HD was an experiment, for everyone really. We will not be doing any more HD - there is a cost that no one is interested in covering and there is debate, not among us here at the show, about how the quality stands up. I don't think that we can get the look that the show is designed around [by using] tape."

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guess that solves it!! Oh well, I will be watching it anyway. Thanks everybody for you responses!

·
Icon
808 Posts
Scrubs has never been broadcast in HD for any season it has aired. The aspect ratio for my local OTA broadcast of Scrubs has always been hosed as a result. I haven't watched the season premiere yet but I suspect it will be more of the same. I just don't understand the philosophy as to why it's one of the few primetime network programs that has not transitioned to HD.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
captain_video said:
Scrubs has never been broadcast in HD for any season it has aired. The aspect ratio for my local OTA broadcast of Scrubs has always been hosed as a result. I haven't watched the season premiere yet but I suspect it will be more of the same. I just don't understand the philosophy as to why it's one of the few primetime network programs that has not transitioned to HD.
Not so fast my friend!
The season finale of Scrubs last May was the only time it was broadcast in HD.

T. Garland
GEAUX TIGERS
GEAUX for the Roses!

·
Icon
808 Posts
If you say so. I forget whether it was in SD or HDTV format but every other episode I've seen to date has been in SDTV, but I'm old and senile and forget a lot of things, so I could be wrong.:grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.