DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Icon
600 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
I don't think DIRECTV is going to take action on this anytime soon. I think you would be best served by buying a component to composite converter.
So .. once AGAIN, DirecTV raises its middle finger to its paying customers and says "It's not a bug. It's a feature. Learn to like it." As they have with all of these carp DVRs! Many of us simultaneously use several outputs, i.e. when my wife is watching on the big HD screen in the living room, I might also be watching on the small SD TV in my office. And with this new GUI (which I HATE, BTW) that DirecTV has foisted upon us (although the old one was fine and yet WORKED properly) we can no longer do this without forcing our wives (or other family member) to have to suffice with SD on the HD TV. Oh .. except for us having to buy a piece of equipment (minimum $55 from what I've seen) for every DVR. Just because they decided that we "needed" a new GUI (when the other one worked fine).

DirecTV subscriber since 1995, and quite possibly not much longer!

·
Icon
600 Posts
Oh .. and pressing and holding EXIT most of the time results in nothing but the banner staying on screen and the "BONG BONG BONG BONG .." sound effect. DirecTV can NOT program a DVR to save their lives!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.