DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a sever picutre quality drop on the local channels on Sunday afternoons?
I noticed it last weekend and again this weekend on the NASCAR race broadcasts on NBC. Very dark image with a ton of pixlation. Weather was perfectly clear both days and picture quality was excellent for the Sunday night NFL game on same channel. Are they squeezing the SD transmissions to free more bandwidth for the HD Sunday Ticket games?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
BattleScott said:
Has anyone else noticed a sever picutre quality drop on the local channels on Sunday afternoons?
I noticed it last weekend and again this weekend on the NASCAR race broadcasts on NBC. Very dark image with a ton of pixlation. Weather was perfectly clear both days and picture quality was excellent for the Sunday night NFL game on same channel. Are they squeezing the SD transmissions to free more bandwidth for the HD Sunday Ticket games?
I didn't watch anything THIS Sunday but I've heard from others that DTV cuts bandwidth on MANY channels on Sunday's during NFL Sunday Ticket... I'm not sure if these bandwidth adjustments in other threads affect SD channels as well. Anyone else know anything about this?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jpurkey said:
Since locals are on spot beams and NFL ST is national I wouldn't think so?
Yeah, I know they come down from different birds. Just wondering if they are squeezing the signals coming in before they are sent up. Suspicious minds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.