DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Godfather
Joined
·
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im not going to get my hopes up yet but just noticed while looking at the MLBEI schedule on dtv site they not only have the SD/HD Dodger telecast listed but a third one (not listed) when they play the PADRES. Could there be hope thats the SD4 telecast???
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
606 Posts
sunfire9us said:
Hey guys Im not going to get my hopes up yet but just noticed while looking at the MLBEI schedule on dtv site they not only have the SD/HD Dodger telecast listed but a third one (not listed) when they play the PADRES. Could there be hope thats the SD4 telecast???
I asked D this question. Got a rather cryptic response about being handed off to another department for a response. Haven't heard back.... Its been three weeks....
 

·
Up The Irons!
Joined
·
5,775 Posts
Seeing we had SD4 telecasts last year on EI I would expect the same this year.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
106 Posts
In 2007/2008 we got SD4 almost every night. In 2009 we saw almost no SD4 the first 2/3s of the season. After that, we saw a bit more SD4 but no where near as regularly as 2007/2008.

I think only a handful of people at D* know what is going on with this and we're probably just going to have to sit tight and see how it plays out.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
31 Posts
Doesn't look like we get any the first week or two. Only one feed listed for the
Padres games. Very disappointing. As long as the games are HD, the opposing teams feed really doesn't bother me.

As colebert stated a couple of years ago we received almost all the SD4 HD feeds. Last year was awful, several of the Padres games in standard def when SD4 broadcasts 150+ games in HD.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
574 Posts
drinkjack said:
Last year was awful, several of the Padres games in standard def when SD4 broadcasts 150+ games in HD.
It sure was frustrating last year. And it happened because on some days DirecTV WRONGLY assumed that the opposing team's broadcast would in HD. Therefore on some nights we only got a standard def feed of Padres games and no SD4 broadcast.:mad: Hopefully DirecTV gets their act together this year.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
606 Posts
kenkraly2004 said:
I hope channel 4 san diego is on Directv soon.
Sounds like Cox is still bent on this. Apparently they still don't understand the difference between owning the product and the transmission system for it and simply owning the product. My brother is in San Diego on U-Verse and is chomping at the bit for this channel:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/12/affront-to-consumers/

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/06/att-asks-feds-to-force-cox-to-play-ball/
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
866 Posts
On the D-backs broadcast tonight, they were previewing tomorrow's game vs the Pads and they said it would be on radio only.

The guide has the game listed in both sd and hd on channels 725 and 725-1. Perhaps the SD4 feed?
 

·
Under Suspicion
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
cariera said:
On the D-backs broadcast tonight, they were previewing tomorrow's game vs the Pads and they said it would be on radio only.

The guide has the game listed in both sd and hd on channels 725 and 725-1. Perhaps the SD4 feed?
I can't see the channel, except in the mix channel, but I believe it was FS Arizona.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
866 Posts
The game tonight was on FSN Arizona, but they said and noted that the game on Wed would be a radio only game - meaning FSN Az would not be carrying it.

So because it's listed on 725 for tomorrow, I am assuming (hoping) its the SD4 broadcast.

However since you're in IB, that channel will be blacked out for you.:)
 

·
Under Suspicion
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
cariera said:
The game tonight was on FSN Arizona, but they said and noted that the game on Wed would be a radio only game - meaning FSN Az would not be carrying it.

So because it's listed on 725 for tomorrow, I am assuming (hoping) its the SD4 broadcast.

However since you're in IB, that channel will be blacked out for you.:)
No matter the channel, No Padres for me :(
 

·
Up The Irons!
Joined
·
5,775 Posts
cariera said:
The game tonight was on FSN Arizona, but they said and noted that the game on Wed would be a radio only game - meaning FSN Az would not be carrying it.

So because it's listed on 725 for tomorrow, I am assuming (hoping) its the SD4 broadcast.

However since you're in IB, that channel will be blacked out for you.:)
Yep it will be the SD4 feed only in this case. Tonight we had both feeds and I stayed on the SD4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
paco1986 said:
You're right, only the SD4 feed for tonight's game. Hopefully having both feeds last night means more SD4 broadcasts this year.:)
Lack of SD4 in the past was what pushed me to MLB.TV - and now with the iPhone, MLB.TV HD, and other services, I don't see going back to the hodge podge that was MLBEI.

It is good to see at least the coverage is there, which begs the question - IF DirecTV can get the feed to show for MLB EI - why can't they get the feed to carry as an RSN?
 

·
Up The Irons!
Joined
·
5,775 Posts
BudShark said:
Lack of SD4 in the past was what pushed me to MLB.TV - and now with the iPhone, MLB.TV HD, and other services, I don't see going back to the hodge podge that was MLBEI.

It is good to see at least the coverage is there, which begs the question - IF DirecTV can get the feed to show for MLB EI - why can't they get the feed to carry as an RSN?
The rest of the feed is cable exclusive to Cox Cable. D* is only able to get the feed for MLBEI due to the part ownership of the package along with MLB and Indemand, which Cox is a part of.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top