DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard about American Horror Story today. Searched on my phone app, no matches. Came home, entered "AMER" into smart search, only showed American Dad, then American Humai. ... next entry did not begin with "AMER". So Googled. Found it was on FX. Went back to DVR, blue button to Wednesday, low and behold multiple American Horror Story episodes. Back to search, had to type in "AMERICAN HORROR" to find it. Why didn't 'AMER: return the result?

Tried it again, guess I have to be patient, as it returns most popular first? Personally just return all the results alphabetically right away. My .02.

And why did it never show up on my phone app?

· Icon
1,083 Posts
I just did it on my HR20 and it returned in alphabetical order. Had to scroll through 7 pages but it was there.

It didnt find it with the phone app but I had never used that before so who knows if I did it right.

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
The "advanced search" function on the HD DVR's (and my R22-200) has been broken for months and months. For another surprise, go to a channel in the guide, highlight the channel logo and press INFO. You are supposed to get a listing of the shows on that channel. Often, there are big blocks of time with NO shows listed.

That's why whenever I am looking for certain programming I always do searches on my ancient, SD R-15's where the search function (and channel listing) works perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.