DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded from a DISHplayer 7120 (with a 45 GB hard drive) to the 501. I like the 501 very much (so far) but I miss the "search" feature, i.e., where you can type in a word and the player will look for that word in the listings.

Have any of you good people heard if they are planning to have a search feature for the 501 in any of the coming upgrades?

I am interested in hearing their plans....

John

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
During the November Charlie Chat, he said the search feature would be included in an update that would be out by the Super Bowl, obviousely that didnt happen. The search feature is in the works and was supposed to be here months ago so I reallly dont know what to tell ya. Sorry

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
During the last tech chat, Mark and Dave said that the search feature would happen "by late spring" now...of course, they didn't say what year...

·
Legend
143 Posts
I just read a thread over at dbsforums that a couple of guy's have received the P153 upgrade. It has search and caller id. So we should get it within the next 5 day's. :)

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I need to turn my 501 off at night to get the upgrade??

Is there any way to **force** an upgrade if I forget to turn it off?

thanks,

John

·
Legend
143 Posts
Yes. you need to turn your unit off each night to get the download. You can't force it to download. You have to wait for them to spool it to your receiver. I think the older ones get it first. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Unregistered, In the past thats how it worked.
I got my 501 6 months ago, I'm usually one of the last ones to get the upgrade. :(

Unregistered, why don't you register? :)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
E* spools s/w updates by serial numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.