DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a plan to add a search box when looking for a specific show? When I type in a show like lost it would be nice to do a search and if the show was not found then it would add it to my list to record if the show was ever playing.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
Since you're posting in the HD DVR forum, you should have a feature that would accomplish your wish ...

Go to MENU > Search, choose Keyword Search.
Enter the following as the search term:

LOST TTITLE CCHANEL NNN

Replace NNN with your ABC Affiliate channel number, and note that there are two leading T's on TTITLE and two leading C's on CCHANEL. Using this, the DVR will restrict its searches to that channel only, and LOST must be in the title.

Click continue and select a category if you desire. Then press SELECT to run the search.

Then choose AUTORECORD and specify FIRST RUN or REPEAT. Save the settings and you will have a new Series Link for LOST on your ABC affiliate. Even if there are no matches in the guide right now, keep watching your TO DO LIST and soon you'll see programs and can change from a ARSL (Auto Record Series Link) to a regular Series Link on the channel.

Good luck!

By the way, I think LOST isn't on until January 20009, so that will be a longer wait!

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Drew2k said:
By the way, I think LOST isn't on until January 20009, so that will be a longer wait!
Wow! January twenty-thousand and nine... That is a long wait till the next episode... :lol:

- Merg

· Registered
14,213 Posts
The Merg said:
Wow! January twenty-thousand and nine... That is a long wait till the next episode... :lol:

- Merg
Oops! :lol: Indeed, that will be a LONG wait... I wonder if they'll be off the island by then! :p

I'm not even going to fix it ... it's a nice conversation starter. Hey, did you hear Lost isn't returning until twenty-oh-oh-nine? :D

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Drew2k said:
Oops! :lol: Indeed, that will be a LONG wait... I wonder if they'll be off the island by then! :p

I'm not even going to fix it ... it's a nice conversation starter. Hey, did you hear Lost isn't returning until twenty-oh-oh-nine? :D
Or would that be twenty-uh-oh-nine?

BTW, we know they're off the island. The question is if they are back on the island...

- Merg

· Registered
14,213 Posts
The Merg said:
Or would that be twenty-uh-oh-nine?

BTW, we know they're off the island. The question is if they are back on the island...

- Merg
As to whether they're off the island ...

Not all of them are off ... Only the Oceanic 6 got off, while quite a few got left behind!

:)

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drew2k said:
Since you're posting in the HD DVR forum, you should have a feature that would accomplish your wish ...

Go to MENU > Search, choose Keyword Search.
Enter the following as the search term:

LOST TTITLE CCHANEL NNN

Replace NNN with your ABC Affiliate channel number, and note that there are two leading T's on TTITLE and two leading C's on CCHANEL. Using this, the DVR will restrict its searches to that channel only, and LOST must be in the title.

Click continue and select a category if you desire. Then press SELECT to run the search.

Then choose AUTORECORD and specify FIRST RUN or REPEAT. Save the settings and you will have a new Series Link for LOST on your ABC affiliate. Even if there are no matches in the guide right now, keep watching your TO DO LIST and soon you'll see programs and can change from a ARSL (Auto Record Series Link) to a regular Series Link on the channel.

Good luck!

Thanks, that was a big help. That was the one thing i missed that tivo offered.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
....and #1 dbstalk complaint of january 20009 is:

why is the gamesters of triskelion championship match from alpha centauri blacked out on my holodeck ?
Damned ITL (Intergalactic Triskelion League) blackout rules. Don't they know I can't get that game in my planetary code?

· Yada Yada Yada
4,400 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
....and #1 dbstalk complaint of january 20009 is:

why is the gamesters of triskelion championship match from alpha centauri blacked out on my holodeck ?
The cost - oil prices have reached 6 figures per barrel - damn I wish we had come up with an alternative back in 3000............

;)

BTW - D1007 is launching tomorrow - Sixto-jr just started a new thread.......

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Athlon646464 said:
The cost - oil prices have reached 6 figures per barrel - damn I wish we had come up with an alternative back in 3000............

;)

BTW - D1007 is launching tomorrow - Sixto-jr just started a new thread.......
And the top poster in that thread is Drew20K, who was recently named a CE'er 2K09...

- Merg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.