DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm occasionally seeing this message when changing to a HD channel (channel 2 in Chicago in this case), but signal level is fine. I haven't been patient enough to see if it goes away on its own, but if I select another non-HD channel, it goes away. Then I immediately go back to the initial problem channel and message does not return.

Any thoughts?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
qlanus said:
I'm occasionally seeing this message when changing to a HD channel (channel 2 in Chicago in this case), but signal level is fine. I haven't been patient enough to see if it goes away on its own, but if I select another non-HD channel, it goes away. Then I immediately go back to the initial problem channel and message does not return.

Any thoughts?
I have seen it, and there have been other reports.. of a false search for signal message box.

DirecTV is aware of it.

Work around #1: Change the channel and come back
Work around #2: Do a signal strength test, and check both tuners.

·
Legend
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done. I assume this is on someone's to-do list then.

Thanks Earl.

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Have had the same prob since I had my dish changed to the at9 yesterday. Only on local hd channels. Called tech support and and found out the sat I get my locals from has poor signal. I questioned the tech before he left and he said " It's ok". So now i have a tech coming out again on tuesday to fix what this freakin guy didn't do.:mad:

·
Legend
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chimpo414 said:
Have had the same prob since I had my dish changed to the at9 yesterday. Only on local hd channels. Called tech support and and found out the sat I get my locals from has poor signal. I questioned the tech before he left and he said " It's ok". So now i have a tech coming out again on tuesday to fix what this freakin guy didn't do.:mad:
Your symptoms sound similar to mine, though I checked my signal strength and found them generally to be quite strong - although I don't know specifically which sat provides Chicago locals.

Earl - any pointers on that?

·
Legend
157 Posts
had the same problem since the new dish and box installed last month. i get good signals when it happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.