DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my second RF remote today but cant seem to get this remote to work on RF. I followed the instructions, and have antennas plugged in. like I said , I have one working RF remote but cant get this new one to work on either box. any suggestions? Called Directv Advanced tech support and they STILL offer no support on the RF and claim we must wait for the download ,wich never happens, LOL, to get RF to work.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
unsub said:
got my second RF remote today but cant seem to get this remote to work on RF. I followed the instructions, and have antennas plugged in. like I said , I have one working RF remote but cant get this new one to work on either box. any suggestions? Called Directv Advanced tech support and they STILL offer no support on the RF and claim we must wait for the download ,wich never happens, LOL, to get RF to work.
Are you sure its RF? Is it the rc32 or rc32rf? If it doesn't have backlight buttons and FCC sticker on the back of the remote, then you have rc32 and its not RF.

·
Legend
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nevermind, I got the RF to work on the other r-15 now. The instructions are not clear, its only the last 6 digits of the IRD#. Nobody at advanced tech support could help me. Just wait for a software download to enable RF, wait for how many years???? I feel sorry for the many people who dont have time to research this .

·
Hall Of Fame
2,050 Posts
I ran into the same problem with my RF remote. The instructions say to enter the 6-digit RID code from the receiver. The RID code on my receiver is 12 digits long. I tried all 12 digits; didn't work. I tried the first 6 digits; didn't work. I tried the last 6 digits; that worked.

·
Mentor
46 Posts
My remote works in RF mode with my R15-300.

However, the backlighting does not work. Anyone know if there is a special enable procedure? I could not find info anywhere.

Thanks!!

Dave

DOH! I'm an idiot!! i guess one has to use the backlighting button to get the backlight to work.

Thanks anyway!!!

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.