DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to "subscribe" to the general discussion thread. I put my username and password in. Then a pop up appeared in a windows type box, asking for my name and password. It was labelled Mrdo.vosn.net and under that it said
REALM: WHM 4.7.0 on mrdo.
I refused to put any information in the boxes, just hit cancel. Then a message appeared "Access denied."
Is this legitimate?

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, I just tried it again, knowing for sure that I was logged in.
It did the same thing. I wish I could copy and paste the window but it won't let me. It looked like this:

Enter Network Password
Please type your user name and password
Site Mrdo.vosn.net
Realm VHM 4.7.0 on mrdo
User name _____________
Password _______________

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Strange... I have no idea what that is. Ken could you take a screen shot and attach it in a post? Are you on a LAN/WAN?

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Kenster,

You are accessing us from an AOL proxy and probably from behind a firewall on a LAN. Please give us details on how you are hooked up to the internet. (from work? Home? cable? DSL? dialup?) That might help us find the reason why you are having trouble.

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I access through AOL 56k modem dial up. I am running ZoneAlarm firewall, Trojan Remover, Ad Aware, Spy Blocker and Norton Anti Virus. When I return to work I'll try it on that computer which is ethernet through our school district's server using Novell Network.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.