DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love old phones. What I love most about my office telephone is that it's got a big rotary dial. Unfortunately my locale is actually doing away with dial service in 2009.

I'm looking for a clean desk phone, must be touch tone. I'd particularly like a Western Electric made sometime between 1965 and 1980. If you're my age or older, you or your folks probably rented this phone from your local Bell company and "forgot" to return it. Well, after 7 years the statute of limitations is up. I'll take it off your hands.

I'd prefer avocado green or "hot line to Moscow" red if possible. I'd prefer a phone that has already been adapted for an [strike]RJ45[/strike] RJ11 plug but if you've got an older one with the 4-post plug (or bare wires) I can deal with that as well.

These phones hardly ever break but I would appreciate if you could test it before you offer it.

PM me if you've got something like this in your attic or basement... I can pay by paypal if desired.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is pretty much what I am looking for, I'd just rather do business with someone I trust. If no one here can help, the wilds of eBay are my next stop.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DOH! sorry, I have networking on the brain. I'll edit my original post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.