·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Icon
643 Posts
Mike D-CO5 said:
Somebody bottom line the above and tell me what it means. Is this why Cinemax has disappeared from Dish's website?
It says:

- On November 15th, EchoStar submitted a Program Access complaint to the FCC about HBO. (Speculation might be that it concerns bundling of channels or pricing of channels.)

- HBO has requested that the FCC keep all details secret.

- The FCC has agreed.

Thus, there is not going to be a Charlie Chat where Charlie complains about the way they are being treated by HBO...

·
Godfather
351 Posts
Not much different than the Viacom spat I'm suspect. HBO wants all their channels as part of carriage and Dish doesn't want to carry all. or pay for all. Thus the disagreement and eventually a hike in the price of the HBO and Cinemax packages.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Could also be that HBO or Cinemax or both are up for renewal, and HBO wants to force CinemaxHD on Dish but at a higher price than Dish wants to pay. Dish may want to have a lower price OR keep the current package without CinemaxHD to keep the cost down... and they may both be in a stalemate.

Personally, whatever the resolution... it might be interesting if HBO/Cinemax eventually merged and was one big package like what happened with Showtime/The Movie Channel some years back.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,190 Posts
I just noticed last night that HBO HD is no longer on my EPG. Showtime HD is still there. I don't subscribe - this is in the "all channels" guide of a 921.

So either HBO HD has gone to MPEG4 or the above litigation might have something to do with the removal of the HD channel.

Is anyone who subscribes to HBO with an HD receiver still getting it (especially those with the older MPEG2 HD receivers)?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,190 Posts
Mike D-CO5 said:
I still have Hbo hd on my 622 receivers. Michael I think you must have a problem with your receiver.
I don't sub to any premiums, I was just wondering why they would take it out of the visable channels. Did they move it to another satellite? I get 119/110/61.5 so I would not see anything on 129/118 or either of the supersish satellites.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,179 Posts
I have my account online and it says I can add the Value Pak with HBO and Cinemax. I just have HBO now. But if I select movie channels I can't order Cinemax by itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.