DBSTalk Forum banner

Seen the newest Harmony?

2015 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Sirshagg
Harmony just released 2 new remotes. The Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for XBox 360 and the Harmony 510 Advance Universal Remote.

Both remotes retail for $99.

Neither are as advanced or as fancy as the 880/890/One, but the 510 does have one very interesting feature. Any see it?

See less See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Let there be colored buttons!!!!

If only they were a tad higher up on the remote, but still - they're there!!!! :up:
Yep.

Maybe this is the first of more that will have them. I don't think I'll be getting the 510 because it has some things I don't like (only supports 5 devices, no backlight, no dedicated activity buttons - 1 button with drop down, etc.).

But hopefully it's a step in the right direction.
Good for the colored buttons and the keypad buttons are more distinct than my 880 but the lack of the activity group is a big negative IMO. I wonder if they have a better docking/charging system which is very weak on the 880.
All in all I dont think Id trade my 880 for either of these two newbies
The XBox 360 remote actually looks cooler and has the colored buttons in a better spot. The buttons also look like they have a better feel. It's backlit and supports 11 devices, instead of 5.
I don't think I could get past not having buttons for "sound", "pic" and "guide", however.

I guess you could program "list" and "guide" into the "display" and "title" buttons on the bottom, but still you'd be without pic and sound.

See less See more
The Xbox 360 variant has been out for months - at least since November of last year. I've gone through two of them. The first had a premature death with our dog mistaking it for a bone.

I'd recommend the 360 version for the additional devices, placement of the colored buttons, and the additional hard buttons. You don't need a Xbox 360 for this version either. In my opinion, it's the best valued features/buttons/price equation of the Harmony remotes.
Sorry, I knew the 510 was new and just assumed the XBox one was too.
Drew2k said:
Let there be colored buttons!!!!

If only they were a tad higher up on the remote, but still - they're there!!!! :up:
If you want the colored buttons on an advance Harmony Remote then the Harmony 885 is the one! The only issue is that you have to buy it from European retailers as it is not sold in the US! It has the colored buttons a la D* OEM remotes. They are used in Europe to navigate the Text screens in Europe's TV broadcasts. As it is a Harmony, you can of course program the buttons to whatever function you want!:)

Here are some pics. Sorry the Attach Files Option didn't work for me :confused:

http://www.logitech.com/repository/692/jpg/10018.1.0.jpg

http://www.logitech.com/repository/692/jpg/10017.1.0.jpg
Kinda weird, the 510 is so similar to the 550, just a couple buttons changed labeling and a few plastics changed color.
exieramos said:
If you want the colored buttons on an advance Harmony Remote then the Harmony 885 is the one!
Our previous discussion of colored buttons (and the 885) is what led me to post the 510.
spartanstew said:
Our previous discussion of colored buttons (and the 885) is what led me to post the 510.
Sorry.... Can you give me a link? I can't find that discussion. Thanks!
There's been many. HERE'S ONE

And the 525 Drew posted in that thread, looks identical to the 510 I posted up above.
thats too bad that the dvr buttons on the 510 arent placed very well
Grentz said:
Kinda weird, the 510 is so similar to the 550, just a couple buttons changed labeling and a few plastics changed color.
Or the 555.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/376&cl=GB,EN
I've been using the Xbox 360 remote for a long time now (mostly because of the color buttons) and am VERY happy with it.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.