DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Hr20 for 3 weeks now, and the past week is the first couple of rainy days since owning it have come... and the hr20 turns into an unfunctional unit every time. The broadcasts come through all scrambled and the audio cuts in and out... and when doing the system tests the second tuner on each of the satalites jumps in and out of reception constantly while the first tuner remains stable at around 95-99%.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does the dish need to be readjusted? I have had directv for 5 years and can only think of one or two occasions where wheather has caused me to lose service, since getting the new reciver and I guess the at9 dish it has happened 4-5 times so far. Generally I reset the box and try again.. sometimes it clears everything up.. most of the time it doesnt.

Second problem is series link, I will have programs in the todo list for a week out... but when the date gets closer they disappear from the list... I have to check every morning to make sure the shows I want to record are still on the to do list.. the biggest problem I have is with Lost which makes me really mad if I miss it :mad: Im guessing others have this problem as well.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
No, it sounds like your 2nd feed to your dish has a faulty cable.... or your 2nd tuner is faulty...

Could be a bad multiswitch, or a bad connector on the cables.
So that just a tad week signal, cause enough signal loss on your 2nd cable.

Rotate the cables and see if it follows the cables... or the tuner.

Delete the Series Link and put it back in.
Is there anything that is possible conflicting with it?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
No, it sounds like your 2nd feed to your dish has a faulty cable.... or your 2nd tuner is faulty...

Could be a bad multiswitch, or a bad connector on the cables.
So that just a tad week signal, cause enough signal loss on your 2nd cable.

Rotate the cables and see if it follows the cables... or the tuner.

Delete the Series Link and put it back in.
Is there anything that is possible conflicting with it?
I only have two series links and there is nothing conflicting as one is on tuesday at 8 and the other wednesday at 8... they just disappear a couple of days before they are to record. :confused. For instance, I looked on sunday and lost was scheduled for recording on 10/18 and 10/25. I look this morning and it is only scheduled for 10/25.. the 10/18 was gone completely from the to do list. So I scheduled it manually... It has done this for all episodes this season so far except the first one.

I will check the cable or use a new one. Thanks fo rthe information if a new cable fixes it then that would be great as I have another line already ran :D

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I would suggest deleting both of those series links and putting them back in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.