DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Series Link for the new Knight Rider show and was looking forward to watching it this evening. I waited until about 8:30 so I could skip commercials and discovered my HR20-100 canceled the recording. There's nothing else scheduled it just canceled this particular recording.

Am I the only one to notice the rate of failure seems to increase proportionally to how important non-failure is to the viewer? I think I'll watch the 1 year old rerun of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares I've seen 3 times. The DVR sure got that one right. Who want's to watch the pilot episode of a new series anyway? Thanks DirecTV.

Thankfully BitTorrent engineers seem to be competent.

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spartanstew said:
I wish mine would have canceled Knight Rider.
HAHAHA! :D I've heard that too. It's a good thing DirecTV knows what I really shouldn't watch and takes care of it for me.

Luckily SciFi is rerunning it on Friday. Maybe I'll cancel the series link if the DVR lets me watch it first.

· Hall Of Fame
1,393 Posts
Valor55 said:
HAHAHA! :D I've heard that too. It's a good thing DirecTV knows what I really shouldn't watch and takes care of it for me.

Luckily SciFi is rerunning it on Friday. Maybe I'll cancel the series link if the DVR lets me watch it first.
Maybe they implemented the Tivo Feature Suggestions???? :D

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Valor55 said:
Am I the only one to notice the rate of failure seems to increase proportionally to how important non-failure is to the viewer?
All modern electrical (and mechanical, for that matter) equipment has such built-in "critical event sensors." I believe they were invented by someone named Murphy. ;)

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
Valor55 said:

50 SL made me delete it a while back. I forgot to set it again. Thanks for the heads up on the SCIfi encore. It does not show up as HD in the guide. I wonder if it will be.

· Registered
24,395 Posts
Valor55 said:
I have a Series Link for the new Knight Rider show and was looking forward to watching it this evening. I waited until about 8:30 so I could skip commercials and discovered my HR20-100 canceled the recording. There's nothing else scheduled it just canceled this particular recording.

Am I the only one to notice the rate of failure seems to increase proportionally to how important non-failure is to the viewer? I think I'll watch the 1 year old rerun of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares I've seen 3 times. The DVR sure got that one right. Who want's to watch the pilot episode of a new series anyway? Thanks DirecTV.

Thankfully BitTorrent engineers seem to be competent.
So what does history say for the entry?

· AllStar
51 Posts
Just to resurrect this one... My HR20 has blown Knight Rider twice now! Last week, I was watching something else and the DVR changed channels to record Spongebob Squarepants for my son. When I hit previous to go back to whatever game I was watching, it said that both tuners were in use, but it only listed Spongebob where it normally lists what both tuners are doing.

I thought that was odd, but I canceled Spongebob and went back to the game. Then I remembered Knight Rider was supposed to be on, so I went to the list to see if it was in there. Well, it wasn't there, but the red light was on the receiver and the guide had the (R) by it to signal that it would record Knight Rider.

Then last night it did the same thing to me again! I'll check the history to see what it says when I get home from work tonight. I wasn't around to babysit it, but it didn't record The Office last week either!

Never had a problem with the thing in the last year and a half or so that I've had it... Don't know why it's acting up now!

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SciFi should rerun the episode Friday evening if you missed it.

The cheese factor is pretty high but there's fun car and gadget stuff going on. It was entertaining if not brain candy. I recall the original being like that too.

· Legend
205 Posts
Now this is a Blank or Missed recording WORTH having. The Blue Screen car shots from the series "Til Death" on Fox last night were much better than in Knight Rider. This show is a goner.

:nono2:

· AllStar
51 Posts
Haha that stinks that it was so bad! I actually watched the 2hr mini movie thing earlier this year and thought it had some potential. I wasn't expecting a lot, but I figured I'd give it a shot... Maybe it's a good thing that my HR20 blew it on this one!

FWIW, my History shows 'partial' for both last week and this week's Knight Rider, but it never even showed up in my list and the DVR thought the tuner was in use the whole time (red light, wouldn't let me record something else and watch a different live channel). The Office also shows 'partial' but I wasn't here to see what it did exactly. I'll try to see what happens tonight.

Luckily my trusty HR10-250 in the bedroom is recording the Office so if this thing continues to screw up I won't be out of luck!

· AllStar
51 Posts
I saw someone else mention a double reboot to clear the to-do list and hopefully solve the problem, so I gave that a shot. I noticed there were a bunch of recordings listed as 'partial' in the history, but it's all Sponge Bob and kids stuff like that where I am only keeping 10 shows and overwriting them so there's always different episodes for my son... So I never noticed it not recording stuff!

If it means anything, under all the partial shows, when I select them and scroll to the bottom of the details screen, under the run time, etc, it says "This showing is over".

EDIT - the first time this Partial junk seems to be in my history was Wipeout on 9/16. Since then it's been probably close to 50/50 on stuff actually recorded and partial recordings... Some of the partials were showing up, I think, because i do remember a rash of Spongebob episodes that were in the list, but 0 minutes long a couple weeks back... And I haven't seen a mythbusters in a good minute... Hmmmmm!

· Legend
175 Posts
Valor55 said:
The cheese factor is pretty high but there's fun car and gadget stuff going on. It was entertaining if not brain candy. I recall the original being like that too.
I have to agree with that! It's so cheesy it's good. But thats the kind of stuff I do like sometimes. I'd love to see it MST'ed.

My husband is making me watch it with him and I was sooo not looking forward to it
but the dialogue and stupid stuff that goes on and the acting, lol, make it tolerable.

Probably only for another few weeks though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.