DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was wondering why NCIS and The Unit were not scheduled to record. I was thinkg "Great, this thing is being flaky again." Well, I decided to check and see what the episodes were. 'Lo and behold they were repeats and I had scheduled first run only! Woohoo! :p

·
Legend
239 Posts
The same thing happened with me on L&O CI. I do wish the unit had something like the TiVo 28 day rule though, so it would record repeats if they had not been aired in the last month.

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This would require info to be stored on the drive. It appears that the only thing stored on the drive are shows and Scheduler/Config data. I really wish the guide were cached to prevent the infamous 24 hour requirement for a full guide update.

·
Icon
797 Posts
f300v10 said:
The same thing happened with me on L&O CI. I do wish the unit had something like the TiVo 28 day rule though, so it would record repeats if they had not been aired in the last month.
That's not how the TiVo 28 day rule works.

The way that works is that it will NOT record the same episode for a period of 28 days even if your SP is set to First Runs and Repeats. It will ignore the 28 day rule if you choose to Record All Episodes.

Xaa

·
Legend
239 Posts
Xaa said:
That's not how the TiVo 28 day rule works.

The way that works is that it will NOT record the same episode for a period of 28 days even if your SP is set to First Runs and Repeats. It will ignore the 28 day rule if you choose to Record All Episodes.

Xaa
Thanks for the clarification. I have changed my SL to 'Both', but I have a question about what I should expect the HR20 to do. On HDNET Enterprise shows the same show 4 to 5 times during a given week. If I select 'Both First Run and Repeats' will I get 4 copies of the same show recorded? Or should it only record 1 copy of any given episode?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Interesting because my first-run-only series links for those shows were scheduled to record so I had to cancel them manually yesterday. Wonder why we 're getting inconsistent behavior? Maybe the local channel data is inconsistent from city to city even though it's a nationwide broadcast.

Did anyone using NYC MPEG4 channels to record The Unit and NCIS with a FRO series link have it work properly last night?

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
f300v10 said:
Thanks for the clarification. I have changed my SL to 'Both', but I have a question about what I should expect the HR20 to do. On HDNET Enterprise shows the same show 4 to 5 times during a given week. If I select 'Both First Run and Repeats' will I get 4 copies of the same show recorded? Or should it only record 1 copy of any given episode?
No, it will record 1x only; subsequent re-airings of a recorded episode will be ignored. I have noticed that if the earliest showing is not recordable, due to 2 or more higher priority recordings being scheduled simultaneously, it will schedule the next non-conflicting showing.

·
AllStar
80 Posts
bch said:
No, it will record 1x only; subsequent re-airings of a recorded episode will be ignored. I have noticed that if the earliest showing is not recordable, due to 2 or more higher priority recordings being scheduled simultaneously, it will schedule the next non-conflicting showing.
It should -- but last week since the latest update Leno was recorded at the 11:35 and 2:35 airings.

This week is a repeat week so nothing is being recorded.

·
Legend
239 Posts
bch said:
Excelent. I guess I should change all my SL's to Both. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.