DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate records NFL Live everyday. The show records on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN NEWS. Is there a way to specify only one of these channels to record the show. Yes, I know, the two duplicate recordings can be erased, but I'm worried it may conflict with other shows that are set to record. The prioritizer can be used to some extent, but this may also cause problems.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
:welcome_s to DBSTalk, cmymini!

Whatever channel the series link is setup for should be the only channel it records on.

I actually setup a manual recording for NFL Live ESPN HD 206 from 4:00pm to 4:30pm ET so I only get one episode a day.

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked him if he setup recordings on all three channels and he said no. Not sure of the steps he took to record the show either. I think he searched for NFL Live and recorded the series, first run only. I'm new to Directv, so not sure how it all works yet. Time Warner software allowed you to choose the channel.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
cmymini said:
I asked him if he setup recordings on all three channels and he said no. Not sure of the steps he took to record the show either. I think he searched for NFL Live and recorded the series, first run only. I'm new to Directv, so not sure how it all works yet. Time Warner software allowed you to choose the channel.
Press Menu-->Manage Recordings-->Prioritizer-->Than you will be able to view your series links to see if he setup more than one for it and you can also check the settings.

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. I did that and there is only one set up to record, first run only. I deleted the recording and performed the following steps: searched and found NFL Live, chose the 4:00-4:30 show on 206, set it to record first run only. It still records all first runs on all channels. Are these steps incorrect?

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
cmymini said:
Ok. I did that and there is only one set up to record, first run only. I deleted the recording and performed the following steps: searched and found NFL Live, chose the 4:00-4:30 show on 206, set it to record first run only. It still records all first runs on all channels. Are these steps incorrect?
Do you want all episodes each day or just one?

If one press menu-->Manage Recordings-->Manual Rec.-->than set it up.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
cmymini said:
Just one episode per day. 4 - 4:30 on 206.

Thanks. I will try that and see what it yields. Thanks for the help.
No problem. It will work great. I have been doing it that way for a long time. The only problem is even on the days NFL Live is not on it will still record whatever is on during that time.

· Icon
507 Posts
Michael D'Angelo;1670934 said:
Press Menu-->Manage Recordings-->Prioritizer-->Than you will be able to view your series links to see if he setup more than one for it and you can also check the settings.
Is the channel number in there? I looked at this, and granted I'm still learning, but I did not see a channel number when looking at what was in the prioritizer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.