DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Cool Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad lives on the east coast and has DirecTV, most importantly the NFL Sunday Ticket Package. Come November of each year he migrates south to Floriday for more or less the 'winter'. His new residence (condo) has directv with free basic service, you pay the difference on the upgraded packages.

Is it possible for him to suspend, or reduce to basic service at his home, and move it to his residence in florida? Really all he is concerned about doing is NOT paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket Package twice!

(btw, he is not interested in taking hardware with him)

· Legend
121 Posts
Take his receivers from home with him every winter? (depending on how the MDU is installed) I don't see how this could be a problem TOS wise, since he does technically have service at both locations. Won't have locals on the boxes from home, but you'll have ST.

· Icon
835 Posts
Justin85 said:
Take his receivers from home with him every winter? (depending on how the MDU is installed) I don't see how this could be a problem TOS wise, since he does technically have service at both locations. Won't have locals on the boxes from home, but you'll have ST.
can you change an address on a MDU account to receive the correct local stations??

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
Justin85 said:
I think the better option would be to just tell them you changed addresses and give them your new address. Then you keep one account active with all your programming. When he moves back just call back and change the address again and get his correct locals back.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
wahooq said:
@jodean....aren't you a tech of some sort?
Key words are some sort.

There are many bad ideas in this thread that won't work given that one property is a MDU. The OP's dad will just need to decide to either pay twice or decide which residence he'll be at which will benefit the most from paying for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.