1 - 14 of 14 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that this is in the correct forum:

My HR20 which was under warranty died and Directv sent out 2 defective HR21's
as replacements. After the second unit came DOA Directv said that they had to
send out a tech to see what the problem was. The tech checked signal strength
which was good and then he replaced the second replacement with one he had,
and lo and behold this unit (refurb'd also) works. I did send the other units back.

Fast forward to today when I got my Directv bill, I have a charge for $79.95. Called
Directv and was told that since I don't have the protection plan that was the charge
to send out the tech. In none of my conversations with them did they ever mention
that I was going to be charged a service call.

So I get nicked for $80 because the quality control is so poor with the refurb units?
Is this typical with them? In the future was there something I should have done
differently?

Thanks!!

Dave

· Godfather
359 Posts
DSS44889 said:
I hope that this is in the correct forum:

My HR20 which was under warranty died and Directv sent out 2 defective HR21's
as replacements. After the second unit came DOA Directv said that they had to
send out a tech to see what the problem was. The tech checked signal strength
which was good and then he replaced the second replacement with one he had,
and lo and behold this unit (refurb'd also) works. I did send the other units back.

Fast forward to today when I got my Directv bill, I have a charge for $79.95. Called
Directv and was told that since I don't have the protection plan that was the charge
to send out the tech. In none of my conversations with them did they ever mention
that I was going to be charged a service call.

So I get nicked for $80 because the quality control is so poor with the refurb units?
Is this typical with them? In the future was there something I should have done
differently?

Thanks!!

Dave
Did you call them before you posted here? That's the usual first step for problem resolution.

· Hall Of Fame
1,177 Posts
refurbs should work good. i dont know why you had a problem with both of the refurbs that they sent out to you. ive only had one but no problems till now. a different thing you can do is add the protection plan so that if you have any problems in the future you wont have to worry about any sc charges or s&h charges for replacing a out of warranty reciever.

plus if you add it on today they will credit 60 dollars to you.

· RIP
6,203 Posts
Send an email to DirecTV customer support group...if you don't get a reasonable response to them send one to their Office of the President (I'm sure someone here has the email address).

The refurb units should have a warranty on them...I think it's 90 days.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
turey22 said:
refurbs do have 90 warranty but it doesnt give you warranty on sc, plus no email for office of president. they do have a p.o. box
There is an email address to them. something fitzpatrick....I am sure someone will chime in. I would call. If they hit you for the $80 and say. He found nothing wrong in my setup. He swapped an IRD. You sent someone out. You refurb the eauipment....etc.etc. Maybe they credit it back. Be polite about it. If you don't get the answer you need get retention on the phone.

· Hall Of Fame
1,177 Posts
i havent been able to get one at all. its alsways a p.o. box address. i know that some of the emails submitted online at directv.com go to the ceos, like the vp of customer service (elene somthing) etc....but call in and try to get one. being polite is the best way to get what you want

· Legend
163 Posts
one time I say shenanigans on a service call charge complaint. Microsoft covers its dead xbox360, I'm sure D* can too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.