DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or so ago I had a bad multiswitch and replaced it. I have also tweaked my dish in as good as I could get it. The problem is that the mounting pole is not straight. A few sats show zero & a couple 60s, but most are in the 90s. I have not had any signal loss issues since replacing the MS.

I got a call from service and they said my unit was sending back an unusually high number of lost signal reports. I assume that it was from the time when my MS was bad, but they could not put a time frame on them.

She had me call up my signal strengths and read all of them to her. She was looking for anything below 70. She said I have zeros in some places that I shouldn't and she didn't like my couple readings in the 60's. Maybe they are channels I don't watch, because I have not had any issues.

She offered a free service call to make improvements. I do not pay the monthly service charge. I confirmed that it would be free.

Has anybody else had one of these calls. I hope it is legitimate. I am not sure that they will be able to get my dish aligned any better without installing another pole.

If all goes well, then props to DTV for being concerned about the quality of service they are providing!

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Man, I wish someone would call me. I getting terrible signal strengths on 103c (all in the 50s) and on 99c (all in the 30s).

My wife's complained that Desperate Housewives pixelated about every 45-60 seconds last night. :nono2:

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
CessnaDriver said:
Man, I wish someone would call me. I getting terrible signal strengths on 103c (all in the 50s) and on 99c (all in the 30s).

My wife's complained that Desperate Housewives pixelated about every 45-60 seconds last night. :nono2:
Call Directv, don't wait for them to call you. That is below their threshold of acceptability.

·
Godfather
269 Posts
bobnielsen said:
Call Directv, don't wait for them to call you. That is below their threshold of acceptability.
The problem with calling them is not everyone is getting offered the alignment free.

When they installed my 5LNB and fist HR20 two years ago, the installer they sent was incredibly lame. Among many problems, he never got the signal for some of those frequencies about 50-something. I watched him do it at the time and called him out on it but he insisted it was acceptable and since I couldn't prove any channels were failing I had no proof to contradict him. It's been that way ever since. Wasn't a problem until all the extra HD channels showed up. Now some get pixelized or freeze fairly often. When I activated my HR22 the customer service rep noted it and initially claimed as a loyal customer that they would send someone out. She said I would get a call back. I never did. When I later called them and noted it was as their installed did it and what the previous rep told me, etc., the best they would do is either a "minimum $100 service call" or suggested I sign up for a the protection plan and pay $20 for the service call. Even then they managed to sign me up for the protection plan but put me on hold and came back 5 minutes later saying they couldn't set up the service call yet and I would get a call back. Of course I never did. So now I am stuck for a year on the service plan and still haven't had the alignment they never got right corrected. And that is for a customer of 13 years…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.