DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum. I heard that SES Americom is seeking approval on carrying satelitte transmission from a slot between Echostar and DirectV. Could someone explain what their service would entail and has their request been approved or not? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith:hi:

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Yep. SES will be in the same band as Dish and DTV (if they get necessary approvals and get off the ground). I am sure you will need a new box.

· Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
I wonder if they will go into different orbital slots to where we end up rotating the small dish just like the big c/ku band dishes to pick up more channels. I know that most will be from one slot but with a special bigger dish to pick up more slots with a skew and more lnbf's or a rotation of a dish then they could set it up just like they have with c-band and even have an autotracking system just like they have now which automatically can go to one satellite to another.

· Hall Of Fame
7,657 Posts
I have seen on these online forums about where they will have the channel provider sell direct to the customer and there will be certain channels put up for free at no charge and this would mean you could purchase channels indivually or in a lot smaller packages (in which one company owns a set of channels) and SES would get a chunk of that. There would have to be special receivers that would have to be purchased in which would be more costly and dish/direct equipment would not be compatable, only the dish would be and it wuld be put up at the 105.5 slot but Dish and Direct say that it will cause interference to their satellites being so close to them.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Merged both SES Americom threads together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.