DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
A switch will work, or what I do - swap the cables by hand! HTguy, not everybody's receiver has S-Video switching. My cheap Panasonic doesn't (of course Panasonic isn't very good - it was a birthday present last year)

Mark

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I guess there is no easy way. I did just realize that my tv as a second s-video jack but it is in the front. Way too easy for the kids to get it. Oh well.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Go ahead and use the one on the front and just tell the kids not to touch it:) Unless they are really little and can't understand you. That's why duct tape exists:)

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
So how does my VCR work. I know I connect through the input. I don't connect any output to the TV. Does it then play through the coxial cable that is output through my 501 that is connected to TV?

·
Icon/Supporter
1,227 Posts
Originally posted by spartanrob
I have my 501 connected to my TV via S-Video, my TV only has 1 S-Video port. Is there any way for me to hook up my DVD so I can utilize S-Vidoe?
Have you tried the composite? You may not actually see that much difference.

Best Buy has a realatively inexpensive manual SVHS switchbox - $30 for 4 inputs.

http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=1&cat=784&scat=&e=11062042

·
Godfather
432 Posts
I have a similar situation, 1 S-video front 1 rear. I do have a A/V receiver that does S-video switching, but that means it needs to be on all the time, and even though it is a good receiver, figured why subject the video signal to possible degration (sp?)
Since I didn't watch movies more then once every few days I would just hookup my DVD to the front S jack. I would disconnect when done since my kids would touch. I did this up until recently when they both (3 1/2 and 2 years old now) know that they shouldn't touch that cable especially if they want to be able to watch Shrek or Jay Jay the Jet plane (their 2 favorites).
They used to be even worse with the IR emitter on my Dad's TV.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.