DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is that I share my dvr with my brother, and if a show I want to record comes on, his tv some times changes his channel to record it, and vice versa. Is there a way to force the dvr to record certain shows on either his or mine?

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
It sounds like you are running in Dual User mode, meaning that you are using the 622 like 2 single tuner DVRs. To force all of your timers to record on your "TV" and to force all of his timers to record on his "TV", go to the Record Plus setup (Menu-8-6) and set the Record Preference to TV1.

·
Legend
224 Posts
Mark Lamutt said:
It sounds like you are running in Dual User mode, meaning that you are using the 622 like 2 single tuner DVRs. To force all of your timers to record on your "TV" and to force all of his timers to record on his "TV", go to the Record Plus setup (Menu-8-6) and set the Record Preference to TV1.
Maybe I'm in error here Mark but in dual mode I don't think it matters whether the record preference is TV1 or TV2. What matters is that Record Plus be disabled, then whatever TV you set the timer on is where it is recorded. It appears to me that Record Preference only matters in single mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.