DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just contacted directv and asked about the whole home viewing.
They quoted me 248.00 dollars for the whole home upgrade which included the CCK and installation for whole home dvr.

I have 2 HR 23's currently one of which is connected to my home network via a directly plugged in ethernet cable from my router.

My other HR 23 is not connected to the network because the router is too far away from the receiver.
I have a SWim setup already done.

Questions:
1. Do I need to get the CCK to enable whole home dvr or do I only need the white deca module? I am not necessarily interested in getting the cinema movies on my receivers so if I dont need the CCK for MRV I dont really care to get ti.

2. If I do need both the CCK and white deca to enable whole home- wouldn't it just be cheaper to order these two things on my own perhaps via ebay and install myself? It seems like a simple enough installation. I think I can get the CCK for around 50 bucks and the white deca is like 15 bucks. So for 65 dollars or so I could have the whole thing done and then just have directv activate it for 3.00$ per month correct?

Thanks in advance for the help!
 

·
Dad
Joined
·
6,606 Posts
$248 seems awfully high for just WHDVR service upgrades. Haven't seen that reported on dbstalk ever.

You made reference to 'installation of the whole home dvr". You have two HR23's which are whole home ready.

Are you sure they didn't include another DVR or perhaps the Home Media Ctr in that quote? If not, I'd call back and see what someone else says.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
42,754 Posts
NR4P said:
$248 seems awfully high for just WHDVR service upgrades. Haven't seen that reported on dbstalk ever.

You made reference to 'installation of the whole home dvr". You have two HR23's which are whole home ready.

Are you sure they didn't include another DVR or perhaps the Home Media Ctr in that quote? If not, I'd call back and see what someone else says.
You wouldn't be meaning something like this would you?
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=202421
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the $248.00 quote did NOT include the HR34.
This was only for the cck/mrv setup and whole home installation ( I guess the deca installation).

She said if I wanted the hr34 it would be another 99.00 on top of that.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
42,754 Posts
KhurramA said:
Actually the $248.00 quote did NOT include the HR34.
This was only for the cck/mrv setup and whole home installation ( I guess the deca installation).

She said if I wanted the hr34 it would be another 99.00 on top of that.
That $99 deal for the HR34 is good. You might call back, start with the HR34 install and see what the MRV addition will cost.
$248 is a bit over the top for the upgrade. When it first came out, it was $99 + service call [another $50], but this was geared to customers without SWM, where a lot of hardware needed changing and receivers too. They raised the price to $199.
This CSR looks to have started with the $199 price, and then added the CCK for $49.
I expect if you start with the HR34 deal, they'll want to add the CCK, so you'll be at $148, leaving the one white DECA for the HR23, which shouldn't be much.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
I thought that the true price (no discounts) for whole home install was $199 for the equipment and $49 for the truck roll for a total of $248?

Obviously most people have been able to get discounts on that price, but I think that it is the true full price.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
42,754 Posts
Beerstalker said:
I thought that the true price (no discounts) for whole home install was $199 for the equipment and $49 for the truck roll for a total of $248?

Obviously most people have been able to get discounts on that price, but I think that it is the true full price.
I don't think the $248 was ever the price, knowing the history.
It first started at $99 plus the truck roll [for $149], then went up to $199 counting the truck roll [I believe].
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top