DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
Yep. The favorites lists and locks are independent on TV1 and TV2.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how lame.

It amazing how many silly simple things they could do in SW to make the product so much better. Sharing lists would be one. Showing the channel name with adding/removing channels from lists would be another. I'll be there are more.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Well Since the whole purpose of the dual TV mode is to have the 622 act like two separate receivers, I am not sure how many people would find it of value. I am sure they could have provided this functionality, but it is hard to tell what the cost would be and for me this type of feature would be low on the list. All features have a associated cost to them.

I would agree providing the channel names would be helpful.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark Lamutt said:
Allan - the same favorites lists are used when the 622 is in single user mode.
OK, I'm showing my ignorance. I don't really understand the difference between the two modes. I have two TVs in two different rooms. I have one Dish 622 receiver. The primary TV is HD; the secondary is a CRT TV. I have four people in the house and we all watch both TVs at various times. We commonly watch different shows on the different TVs.

Ideally I would like all the recorded shows to be available on both TVs. I would also like the lists to be available on both TVs. I cannot imagine a scenario where I would want a different list on different a different TV.

Thanks,

Allan

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
Recorded shows are available on both TVs, even while recording (try not to catch up to 'live').

You scenario may not have a different second TV, but for others it may be more common. For example, TV2 in a kid's room. They can do whatever they want to their lists and their parents can lock out all the channels they want to block the kid from seeing without affecting TV1. And the neat thing about locked channels is that DVR events from that channel are locked. If you locked out HBO in the kids room then any DVR'd movies from HBO would not be viewable by the kids.

Letting 'the kids' mess with their own lists without messing yours up could be a benefit. But I can see where in a different situation 'unified' lists would be better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.